How to drop out of Uni?!

Watch this thread
Sofxty
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm realising now, being at home that I hate Uni. It really isn't what I thought it would be and it isn't for me at all. I wanna drop out of ARU but have NO CLUE who to message regarding dropping out. Who do I email!? Where is the part of he ARU site that gives me information about this. If anyone could help out that would be amazing!
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sofxty)
I'm realising now, being at home that I hate Uni. It really isn't what I thought it would be and it isn't for me at all. I wanna drop out of ARU but have NO CLUE who to message regarding dropping out. Who do I email!? Where is the part of he ARU site that gives me information about this. If anyone could help out that would be amazing!
Talking to your academic tutor and the course leader about dropping out would be good places to start.
Last edited by Emily_B; 3 months ago
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hello,

I'd suggest emailing your personal tutor or course leader initially as they'll be able to advise you on your University's leaving procedure and what your next steps should be. It might also be worth booking a session with the careers service so that you can think about your options after leaving if you're currently unsure.

All the best
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
ARUOfficial
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hello Sofxty,
I'm so sorry to hear you're not enjoying university. We hope you're ok and remember there are lots of professional services available to you, both for support but also to help you start the withdrawal process. I've listed some of our staff below & how they can help you.

Ask ARU - I would start here, by asking the question about leaving ARU. This will go through to Student Services and they will point you in the right direction.

Health & wellbeing - if you would like to speak to someone from wellbeing about anything else, do make the most of this support that's available to you.

Your Personal Development Tutor - do you have a tutor or lecturer who you feel you can talk to? Your personal development tutor would be best, but understand students build relationships with different lecturers that aren't always their personal development tutor.

Student's Union - the SU is also there to support you if you want advice, they are totally confidential and independent from the university, too They also have a really useful page about withdrawal on their website.

Chaplaincy - same as above, but you can email Nigel (Cambridge) [email protected], Jackie (Chelmsford) [email protected] or Stephanie (Peterborough) [email protected] directly.

If you're still not sure what to do, please contact me via DM and I'll do what I can to assist you further.

All the best
Megan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (56)
18.73%
The paper was reasonable (112)
37.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (86)
28.76%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
15.05%

Watched Threads