The Student Room Group

CYI evidence

Due to marriage before start of academic year I am having to update my situation with student finance and my partners income from 2019/2020 has to be sent to student finance. However, he is now a student so has zero taxable income so will also be sending in a CYI form. However, when it comes to the end of the tax year and they ask for proof of income how would he prove that he didn’t receive any taxable income? Would he just send in a copy of his student finance entitlement letter?
Original post by Robocco
Due to marriage before start of academic year I am having to update my situation with student finance and my partners income from 2019/2020 has to be sent to student finance. However, he is now a student so has zero taxable income so will also be sending in a CYI form. However, when it comes to the end of the tax year and they ask for proof of income how would he prove that he didn’t receive any taxable income? Would he just send in a copy of his student finance entitlement letter?

Hi there, if he completes a CYI form. We will then ask him to complete a PR2 form at the end of the tax year to confirm his income. On the PR2 form he would just need to enter 0 as his income to confirm he earned nothing.

He may also be asked to complete a zero income form to declare he earned nothing.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending