I have my GCSE mocs tommorow on crime and punishment and whitechapel

Watch this thread
shock9910
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have my gcse mocs tommorow for edexcel crime and punishment and whitechapel. Do you have any tips to get the best grade i can?
Last edited by shock9910; 4 months ago

LightHades
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Although I haven't done Crime and Punishment yet, I do do history and have my mocks soon too! In terms of getting the best grade possible, I can't stress enough the importance of structure. The way you structure your answers is pivotal in helping the examiner tick off requirements when marking. Although I can't suggest any structures as of yet for Crime and Punishment, use the ones provided for you by your teachers. If you haven't been given any, scour the internet for relevant ones. Knowing exactly how to present your answer for each question (keeping in mind that structures may differ for different questions) speeds up the overall process as all you really need to worry about is the content (I'm assuming you've done plentiful revision beforehand, the more specific info, the better!) Structure. Is. Key. Also, take a look at the mark scheme for each question, I know it doesn't sound all too interesting, but it can provide some really important information. Look at the requirement for the top bands. E.g. do you need a conclusion for Q3 or not? (That was just an example, I haven't actually started Crime and Punishment yet after all). Lastly, remember that if this exam doesn't go to plan, don't sweat it. It's a mock. It's meant to show you your strengths and weaknesses and is incredibly helpful in doing exactly that. The feedback you get after this exam is the most important bit, but you need to take it to heart, run with it and actively try to build on it. My last tip is less to do with your upcoming mock, but rather, any assessments after that. Spaced out revision. Doing a Quizlet on a specific part every few days goes a long way in lessening your workload for the future and it's worth the time investment - especially for a content heavy subject like history! That all being said, I wish you the best of luck. Remain calm and focussed, and remember, this is a mock.
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by LightHades)
Although I haven't done Crime and Punishment yet, I do do history and have my mocks soon too! In terms of getting the best grade possible, I can't stress enough the importance of structure. The way you structure your answers is pivotal in helping the examiner tick off requirements when marking. Although I can't suggest any structures as of yet for Crime and Punishment, use the ones provided for you by your teachers. If you haven't been given any, scour the internet for relevant ones. Knowing exactly how to present your answer for each question (keeping in mind that structures may differ for different questions) speeds up the overall process as all you really need to worry about is the content (I'm assuming you've done plentiful revision beforehand, the more specific info, the better!) Structure. Is. Key. Also, take a look at the mark scheme for each question, I know it doesn't sound all too interesting, but it can provide some really important information. Look at the requirement for the top bands. E.g. do you need a conclusion for Q3 or not? (That was just an example, I haven't actually started Crime and Punishment yet after all). Lastly, remember that if this exam doesn't go to plan, don't sweat it. It's a mock. It's meant to show you your strengths and weaknesses and is incredibly helpful in doing exactly that. The feedback you get after this exam is the most important bit, but you need to take it to heart, run with it and actively try to build on it. My last tip is less to do with your upcoming mock, but rather, any assessments after that. Spaced out revision. Doing a Quizlet on a specific part every few days goes a long way in lessening your workload for the future and it's worth the time investment - especially for a content heavy subject like history! That all being said, I wish you the best of luck. Remain calm and focussed, and remember, this is a mock.
Wow! Awesome response!

(Original post by shock9910)
I have my gcse mocs tommorow for edexcel crime and punishment and whitechapel. Do you have any tips to get the best grade i can?
I've moved this post to the revision forum where you may get some more answers!

Good luck!

MP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed