No friends at uni

Watch
hannahjiang
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The situation becomes even harder when we are supposed to form groups freely. I just came back from interruption, I am a 100% stranger to my classmates, and they have already got their small friendship groups. I just do not know what to do. I asked them one by one but they are not willing to let me in. I just feel so tired. I am not bad people but i just do not want to be isolated. A little bit regret about studying abroad.. It's just horrible if you need to finish all the group work by yourself.
Hotheaded
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Where do you study?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hannahjiang)
The situation becomes even harder when we are supposed to form groups freely. I just came back from interruption, I am a 100% stranger to my classmates, and they have already got their small friendship groups. I just do not know what to do. I asked them one by one but they are not willing to let me in. I just feel so tired. I am not bad people but i just do not want to be isolated. A little bit regret about studying abroad.. It's just horrible if you need to finish all the group work by yourself.
Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience that doesn’t sound good… I don’t think you’re the only who has an experience like this and it does make it harder when it feels like everyone’s already “found there friends”. Not everyone finds friends on their course sometimes you have to look beyond them. Have you tried joining a society or going to social nights that societies run? They are a really nice informal way to get to know people and you might find people who you can click with better who may have the same interests as you!

In terms of group work, maybe you could speak to your course leader and see if they can sort you out with a good group?

I wish you all the best!

Jubilee - UoP ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (18)
7.29%
October 2021 (117)
47.37%
November 2021 (25)
10.12%
December 2021 (32)
12.96%
January 2021 (21)
8.5%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.53%