Which city is better for a young British pakistani guy

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Sheffield or Liverpool? Stuck between these two for uni. It’s either stick with my deferred entry for sheffield starting this September or cancel and reapply to Liverpool and idk what to do, any advice would be appreciated.
Lovemusicsimple
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sheffield or Liverpool? Stuck between these two for uni. It’s either stick with my deferred entry for sheffield starting this September or cancel and reapply to Liverpool and idk what to do, any advice would be appreciated.
…My mum went to Sheffield and is Pakistani and without a doubt it is very multicultural and a large majority of Pakistani students in and residing in Sheffield. I applied to Liverpool and went to visit over summer last year and knew for sure it wasn’t for me. Visit both and you’ll certainly decide as instinct kicks in. I’d say Sheffield!
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Hi there!

Two great cities and Universities to apply for! Like the other poster has said I would make sure you visit both cities, and Universities on open days/offer holder days, that way you will be a good feel for the city and campus, and get to learn lots more about the Universities. Is there anything, in particular, that is important for you, if you let me know I should be able to give you some extra guidance

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi there.

I'd personally go for Sheffield however I've never been to Liverpool. As others have said its best to visit both cities and check out if they have a Pakistani or Muslim society etc.

Best wishes.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep)
Hi there!

Two great cities and Universities to apply for! Like the other poster has said I would make sure you visit both cities, and Universities on open days/offer holder days, that way you will be a good feel for the city and campus, and get to learn lots more about the Universities. Is there anything, in particular, that is important for you, if you let me know I should be able to give you some extra guidance

Important things for me are a big city feel and a strong Muslim population,
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Important things for me are a big city feel and a strong Muslim population,
Hi there,

So I'd say that both Liverpool and Sheffield are of a similar size, they are both medium-sized cities. There is a fairly strong Muslim population within the areas of Toxteth in Liverpool, where there is a mosque around 10-minute walk from the University campus. However, I believe there would be a larger Muslim population within Sheffield due to larger Pakistani population in the city. However, just to let you know there is a Islamic society at the University of Liverpool so that is somewhere where you are certain to meet likeminded people there.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads