The Student Room Group

can you walk into tesco’s and ask for a job?

I’m 17 (18 next week) and am looking for a weekend job. I am wondering - is it still possible to just walk into Tesco’s and ask if there are any vacancies, and if so, where do you go in Tesco’s to ask. Please give advice!!
They'll just tell you to apply through https://www.tesco-careers.com/
Original post by sunny225
I’m 17 (18 next week) and am looking for a weekend job. I am wondering - is it still possible to just walk into Tesco’s and ask if there are any vacancies, and if so, where do you go in Tesco’s to ask. Please give advice!!

NO you can't just walk in and ask
but any member of staff would tell you to look up there website ( www.tesco-careers.com:) for vacancies in there store.

Sometimes big stores have notice boards and maybe put vacancies on there so look at this ok.

T/leader & stand in supervisor as rrequired with tesco.
"Hello Madam, what would you like?"

sunny: "Your goddamn job. And make it snappy."
Reply 4
But its still ok to walk into cafes? because I have done that before and got a job
But its still ok to walk into cafes? because I have done that before and got a job

Employment in a little independent cafe will be handled differently to that of a large supermarket chain like Tesco. As others have said you’re best bet is to go on their careers website and apply on there. If you are interested in supermarket work it might be worth trying other ones local to you. Good luck

You can ask small local independent shops if there's any jobs available by walking in and asking staff this but with big supermarkets & major companies you'll need to go through the proper process of applying online for jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending