feeling really lost

Watch this thread
higgsmadi
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm 19 and on a gap year after passing 1st year studying a BA philosophy and sociology degree. I don't think I want to continue the degree, I enjoyed both subjects but I don't see myself pursuing a career out of them. I know I enjoy helping people, animals and I have thought of doing soo many things but I can't make a decision. I've looked into soo many career paths. Ive looked into social work, nursing, paramedic science, addiction counselling, languages. I just have no idea. Can anyone give me an insight into how they decided on their career.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Why do you think that your degree should lead directly to a particular career? Do you enjoy the course?

Most of The careers you have mentioned are very accessible with any undergrad degree.
higgsmadi
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Why do you think that your degree should lead directly to a particular career? Do you enjoy the course?

Most of The careers you have mentioned are very accessible with any undergrad degree.
I don't know I suppose sociology and philosophy are flexible but then again you can't really use it going into something medical.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by higgsmadi)
I don't know I suppose sociology and philosophy are flexible but then again you can't really use it going into something medical.
What is the medical thing you might want to do? I think postgrad nursing, physio, occ health etc would be open to you? Might need to check A level requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
19.81%
The paper was reasonable (114)
37.01%
Not feeling great about that exam... (88)
28.57%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
14.61%

Watched Threads