English coursework

Watch this thread
teyana
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey guys, please help me out
I have English literature coursework due soon.
It’s on the Purple Hibiscus and A Streetcar Named Desire.
Comparative analysis

Question : compare the ways in which Williams and Adichie present male authority.

OR
Compare the ways in which Williams and Adichie present female responses to male authority.

I began the 2nd question but I feel like the questions are so linked. I’m it sure what question to even do. So, points/ ideas on both questions would be very helpful

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
i742960
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by teyana)
Hey guys, please help me out
I have English literature coursework due soon.
It’s on the Purple Hibiscus and A Streetcar Named Desire.
Comparative analysis

Question : compare the ways in which Williams and Adichie present male authority.

OR
Compare the ways in which Williams and Adichie present female responses to male authority.

I began the 2nd question but I feel like the questions are so linked. I’m it sure what question to even do. So, points/ ideas on both questions would be very helpful

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
i haven't read purple hibiscus so cant help with that, but i did study streetcar for a-level eng lit i'd do the first question because it allows you to explore the same points that the first question would, but also potentially explore other factors that the second question wouldn't allow for.

for streetcar you could do points on stanley's control over stella and the fact that she recognises how abusive he is, but realistically he is her only option for a stable future esp. with a baby on the way, so she chooses to stay with him, she even chooses him knowing that he assaulted blanche, so basically male authority is presented as a toxic force. and also mitch has a sort of inadvertent authority over blanche because she relies on attaching herself to a man to survive, though he doesn't necessarily know/show his authority. also less obvious examples like steve and eunice, and even authority within groups of males as seen in the poker scene with stanley's friends and how stanley remains the main authority figure amongst other men. idk if any of this will link to purple hibiscus but i hope it helps either way!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (85)
42.08%
They're exactly what I expected (46)
22.77%