University advice

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hiya I was wondering if I could have some advice. If you have bad anxiety is it worth letting the university know about it early on or see how it affects you and then tell them?
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Tell them straight away. You will be interviewed by a well-being officer who can then advise the department e.g extra time for exams and assignments.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
Tell them straight away. You will be interviewed by a well-being officer who can then advise the department e.g extra time for exams and assignments.
Ok thanks, assignments would be useful. Luckily my anxiety is mostly around exams which my course doesn’t do
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hiya I was wondering if I could have some advice. If you have bad anxiety is it worth letting the university know about it early on or see how it affects you and then tell them?
Hello,

Just to echo what's already been said, it's definitely worth letting your university know as soon as possible. They are likely to have numerous resources and services you can access for support.

All the best!
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
The University of Law Students
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi,
I would definitely reach out to your university counsellor or wellbeing team and discuss this with them. They will have resources and help and advice available to help you through your university experience.

Kasey - University of Law Student Ambassador
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
yes please do. I have anxiety and depression I'm first year and still haven't told them. I just started to get in touch with them and just waiting to book an appointment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads