how to study (discipline)

Watch this thread
stressingrn
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
i always rely on my motivation to study and it hasn't been working well recently. i wanna know how other people disciplined themselves to study, because i find it very hard to start studying when i don't have motivation
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
I’m just going to say firstly that we all have these days where we all feel demotivated to study. All of us. We all have different ways to either resolve or cope with it, but I’d say you should take a break from it if you need to. The duration of this break needs to be honest.

However, on more on the aspect of actually coping with feeling demotivated: I found that writing out specific checklists to complete on the day helpful. It changed my perspective on actually studying in isolation, and it became manageable overtime.

I also included like fun activities I would do at the end of my study checklists. It doesn’t have to be anything massive; simply things like watching YouTube for leisure was enough, or like anything which isn’t studying.
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I find that rewarding my self after doing something small helps
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Plan treats. For example after one long hard night of studying you could have a off night or day. During which you can play various fun games, have a cup of white wine, eat lots of sweets etc. And you can even sit down and watch a cheesy old time film. Or do some art and craft activities or listen to good music alone. Take a long bath. Read a book. Write in a diary. Meet a close friend for a meal at a pub or restaurant or a hot coffee. Go out and do some exercise. Walk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads