The Student Room Group

Uni of Liverpool vs Sheffield vs Southampton vs Newcastle vs Cardiff for BA/BSc

I'm having a hard time choosing between the five for BA/BSc Accounting and Finance (econ only included as an additional in Sheffield Uni) so pls help me choose by weighing all their pros and cons. Unfortunately, I will not be able to visit them on open days so I'll be missing out on a lot of information including the area around the Unis and their cities overall.
Reply 1
Just to check - are you looking at the standard courses or flying start at Newcastle (for example)?
Reply 2
Original post by sne10d
I'm having a hard time choosing between the five for BA/BSc Accounting and Finance (econ only included as an additional in Sheffield Uni) so pls help me choose by weighing all their pros and cons. Unfortunately, I will not be able to visit them on open days so I'll be missing out on a lot of information including the area around the Unis and their cities overall.

ok - assuming that none are the flying start degrees I think they have more in common than they have differences:

- all reasonable cost of living
- none in major economic hotspots - Southampton may have more places available for grad schemes with large firms should you wish to stay there.
- all mid size cities with plenty to do and decent student life.

I think so far as courses go (and I haven't looked in particular depth) they are probably pretty similar. Perhaps I could ask what you would study if not A+F as that can indicate that some courses may offer more than others?

If it were me I would err towards where you fancy living for three years and where suits so far as getting home to see relatives and friends. Perhaps check if any of the universities have any particular features to the courses which may appeal. These might include:

- opportunities to study abroad
- lots of optional modules which are suitably varied in case you find studying accountancy too dry
- year in industry schemes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending