HMRC Investigation Officer November 2021

Watch this thread
Maxtalks
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi guys, I applied for the Investigation Officer role in November 2021 and wondered if anyone else is also going through the process? Waiting is killing me
Medicman74
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Maxtalks)
Hi guys, I applied for the Investigation Officer role in November 2021 and wondered if anyone else is also going through the process? Waiting is killing me
If its the criminal investigator, there are a few of us who have applied. There are 2 other threads which we are on.
Maxtalks
Rep:
(Original post by Medicman74)
If its the criminal investigator, there are a few of us who have applied. There are 2 other threads which we are on.
No its called Investigation officer, I saw the other threads and think they are for a slightly different role so started a new one hoping there might be a few people who applied for this one!
Medicman74
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
No its called Investigation officer, I saw the other threads and think they are for a slightly different role so started a new one hoping there might be a few people who applied for this one!
Ok. Getting confusing with all the HMRC jobs going at the moment
Maxtalks
Rep:
(Original post by Medicman74)
Ok. Getting confusing with all the HMRC jobs going at the moment
It is very confusing!
Perrinelli
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
If you mean the ad which was for Ipswich and Portsmouth ‘investigation higher officer’ then I did, I had interview just before Christmas and received provisional offer on 6th Jan.
I’m also finding it confusing as it talks about the TPP training which sounds similar (the same?) as for the compliance caseworker jobs.
Perrinelli
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It’s not criminal investigation it’s the civil investigation side within FIS
Maxtalks
Rep:
(Original post by Perrinelli)
If you mean the ad which was for Ipswich and Portsmouth ‘investigation higher officer’ then I did, I had interview just before Christmas and received provisional offer on 6th Jan.
I’m also finding it confusing as it talks about the TPP training which sounds similar (the same?) as for the compliance caseworker jobs.
Congratulations!! This sounds more in line with what I applied for, although is that an heo role you've been successful for? The one I've applied for is an eo position which also has the tpp training you mentioned. I'm waiting to hear back from an interview I had on 6th January so I'm hoping I will hear back next week or week after but I'm aware the wait could be a look time still!
Perrinelli
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised and it’s a complete career change for me. Now I’m stressing about dates as I’ve realised I’ve got to give 2 months notice at my current job. And yes it’s HEO think the ad title was ‘investigation higher officer’
I’ll be part of a TPP training cohort at Croydon apparently. But I’m wondering how long I’d have to wait if I don’t make the March start.
Maxtalks
Rep:
Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised and it’s a complete career change for me. Now I’m stressing about dates as I’ve realised I’ve got to give 2 months notice at my current job. And yes it’s HEO think the ad title was ‘investigation higher officer’
I’ll be part of a TPP training cohort at Croydon apparently. But I’m wondering how long I’d have to wait if I don’t make the March start.
Amazing, congratulations!! That's so cool, its hard though because until the offer is confirmed (if its provisional) then it could always change, sounds great though congrats again!
Perrinelli
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I know, you’re right.
Good luck and hope you hear soon 🤞

Agree it’s confusing with the roles… there’s lots on here about compliance caseworkers and criminal investigators but not much at all on the investigation officer roles.
Medicman74
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Even though we're in different roles, for those of you at Croydon we may meet anyway.
Ambition111
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I applied for a role as an Investigation Hub Officer at HMRC, CCG - Fraud Investigation Service (FIS). I applied for Birmingham. Not sure if that’s the role you mean? It’s an EO level role
Maxtalks
Rep:
I know, you’re right.
Good luck and hope you hear soon 🤞

Agree it’s confusing with the roles… there’s lots on here about compliance caseworkers and criminal investigators but not much at all on the investigation officer roles.
Thank you! it doesn't help they all have similar titles but are different roles lol, good luck with yours
Maxtalks
Rep:
(Original post by Ambition111)
I applied for a role as an Investigation Hub Officer at HMRC, CCG - Fraud Investigation Service (FIS). I applied for Birmingham. Not sure if that’s the role you mean? It’s an EO level role
The one I applied for literally is just called "Investigation officer" but its within the same part you mentioned, but only available locations were Dover, Ipswich or Portsmouth so must be a slightly different role with an annoyingly similar name haha!! Best of luck with the application!!
Ambition111
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Forgot to add I applied in November 2021 too!
Ambition111
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
The one I applied for literally is just called "Investigation officer" but its within the same part you mentioned, but only available locations were Dover, Ipswich or Portsmouth so must be a slightly different role with an annoyingly similar name haha!! Best of luck with the application!!
Ah okay best of luck to you too! I should get the results of my interview by the end of next week so I’m crossing all my fingers and toes!
Maxtalks
Rep:
Ah okay best of luck to you too! I should get the results of my interview by the end of next week so I’m crossing all my fingers and toes!
Wow fingers crossed for you as well Did they tell you after your interview when you might hear? As they said they couldnt give timescales for hearing back, which is what makes it worse haha
Ambition111
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Wow fingers crossed for you as well Did they tell you after your interview when you might hear? As they said they couldnt give timescales for hearing back, which is what makes it worse haha
My interview was on 20th Dec. They said the same to me that they couldn’t give timelines but were aiming for the beginning of Jan. Then I received an email earlier this week saying they were releasing results next week
Maxtalks
Rep:
My interview was on 20th Dec. They said the same to me that they couldn’t give timelines but were aiming for the beginning of Jan. Then I received an email earlier this week saying they were releasing results next week
Awesome, well best of luck, lets hope it is good news
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
24.29%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (7)
10%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.71%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
14.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
22.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
22.86%

Watched Threads