my gcse mock results

Watch this thread
call1a
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hiya!!

i did my gcse mocks in december and gosh they were hard but to be honest.. i barely revised except from english!! these are my resukts:

english lit-7
english language-7
maths-6
geography-6
biology-5
physics-5
chemistry-4
history-4
french-5
re-7
art-7

are these okay?

i am aware that my science grades are not great and i have now invested in a triple science tutor for two hours a week in a desperate hope to improve them as i want to take psychology a-level
i really want to take english literature for a level , do you think this grade is good enough at this time in the year? i hope to get an 8 or 9 in the real thing..

i want to take for a level
english lit , art , psychology , sociology
do you think these are good options based off my mock results? i dont know what i want to be when i am older though..
anyway im just gonna ignore french n history because i dont need to pass them to get into my sixth form or take the a levels i want lol
teddybear4444h
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
These grades r fine just start revising at most schools u just need a 6 in English lit and a5 or 6 in Bio to do psychology as well as a 5 in maths to get into sixth form as well as 3 other 5 or above grades but check on the website of the schools ur going to apply for definite grades as this is just the norm where I live
honeytea3542
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
hi,

i think your english literature grade is great, and you should be able to do english a-level with it.

based on your mock results i think that you could definitely pursue the alevels that you mentioned, but just consider if you are planning to do 4 A levels, 3 A levels and an AS, or just 3 A levels (because A levels can be very content heavy). also you should think about what the a level exams might be like- from hearing from my friends that do those subjects, english, psychology, and sociology are quite essay based; and i'm sure that you know art has a lot of course work lol (i also did art gcse).

but yeah just consider the way the alevels are graded, think about how you might enjoy the subject and how much content/workload it might have. in terms of not knowing what you want to do in the future i think thats fine- maybe you could look at uni courses you will possibly be interested in and see if they have any specific a level requirements just to make sure that you can keep your options a bit open.

good luck with your gcses and a level choices !
call1a
Rep:
(Original post by honeytea3542)
hi,

i think your english literature grade is great, and you should be able to do english a-level with it.

based on your mock results i think that you could definitely pursue the alevels that you mentioned, but just consider if you are planning to do 4 A levels, 3 A levels and an AS, or just 3 A levels (because A levels can be very content heavy). also you should think about what the a level exams might be like- from hearing from my friends that do those subjects, english, psychology, and sociology are quite essay based; and i'm sure that you know art has a lot of course work lol (i also did art gcse).

but yeah just consider the way the alevels are graded, think about how you might enjoy the subject and how much content/workload it might have. in terms of not knowing what you want to do in the future i think thats fine- maybe you could look at uni courses you will possibly be interested in and see if they have any specific a level requirements just to make sure that you can keep your options a bit open.

good luck with your gcses and a level choices !
hiya! thank you

in my school i am applying for sixth form you are required to start with four a levels! but after first year you could drop one do 3 a level and one AS level.
yes i have made myself aware the all of the subjects im taking are quite knowledge heavy but honestly - as long as im interested in the essay topic i could talk for hours about it so im not too worried about the essay component of it. art is a lotta course work but honestly i really enjoy it and dont want to stop doing it.

thank you so much for your advice!!!
call1a
Rep:
(Original post by teddybear4444h)
These grades r fine just start revising at most schools u just need a 6 in English lit and a5 or 6 in Bio to do psychology as well as a 5 in maths to get into sixth form as well as 3 other 5 or above grades but check on the website of the schools ur going to apply for definite grades as this is just the norm where I live
hiya , thank you!

in my sixth form im staying at the school im currently at and we need six passes (grade 5) as well as
to take psychology i need a 5 in all three sciences and maths
to take socioloy i need a 6 in english and maths
to take english i need a 6 in english lit which i think is easily achievable for me!

thank you !!
teddybear4444h
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by call1a)
hiya , thank you!

in my sixth form im staying at the school im currently at and we need six passes (grade 5) as well as
to take psychology i need a 5 in all three sciences and maths
to take socioloy i need a 6 in english and maths
to take english i need a 6 in english lit which i think is easily achievable for me!

thank you !!
Sociology is a really great subject if you ever need any advice pm me as I’m currently doing it at a level
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by call1a)
hiya!!

i did my gcse mocks in december and gosh they were hard but to be honest.. i barely revised except from english!! these are my resukts:

english lit-7
english language-7
maths-6
geography-6
biology-5
physics-5
chemistry-4
history-4
french-5
re-7
art-7

are these okay?

i am aware that my science grades are not great and i have now invested in a triple science tutor for two hours a week in a desperate hope to improve them as i want to take psychology a-level
i really want to take english literature for a level , do you think this grade is good enough at this time in the year? i hope to get an 8 or 9 in the real thing..

i want to take for a level
english lit , art , psychology , sociology
do you think these are good options based off my mock results? i dont know what i want to be when i am older though..
anyway im just gonna ignore french n history because i dont need to pass them to get into my sixth form or take the a levels i want lol
Your mock grades are definitely ok and as long as you end up with one A level in a science subject (Psychology counts as a Science in this context) you will be ok to take Psychology at most unis if you end up wanting to
Last edited by harrysbar; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads