journey to A*AA

Watch this thread
succubus666
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
im going to try and keep a blog in order to grow my grades (ironic) and help boost my motivation. im going to aim to keep this blog updated as frequently as i can, also i applied to do english at uni! :angel:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

my a level subjects :angelwings:
Spoiler:
Show

aqa sociology
aqa psychology
edexcel english literature

my predicted grades :bunny2:
Spoiler:
Show

psychology - A
sociology - A*
english literature A*

what im hoping to get :fluffy:
Spoiler:
Show

psychology A*/A
sociology A*
english literature A*

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Last edited by succubus666; 3 months ago
succubus666
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
my mocks start on monday, i have sociology.

i revised sociology today! :nyan:
Spoiler:
Show
my teacher gave us some topics for us to focus on so i went over some possible questions i made up and also answered a few past paper questions. i reviewed my mindmaps and my notes, before i go to bed i aim to review them again
Last edited by succubus666; 4 months ago
aliaa03
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I love this !!! good luck !
Anne219
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by succubus666)
im going to try and keep a blog in order to grow my grades (ironic) and help boost my motivation. im going to aim to keep this blog updated as frequently as i can, also i applied to do english at uni! :angel:

my a level subjects :angelwings:
Spoiler:
Show

aqa sociology
aqa psychology
edexcel english literature

my predicted grades :bunny2:
Spoiler:
Show

psychology - A
sociology - A*
english literature A*

what im hoping to get :fluffy:
Spoiler:
Show

psychology A*/A
sociology A*
english literature A*

Hi those grades are so good how do you revise for english lit I am unsure on what to do to get the best grades
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I need the motivation too
succubus666
Rep:
(Original post by Anne219)
Hi those grades are so good how do you revise for english lit I am unsure on what to do to get the best grades
hiii and thank you! here are some tips i can provide you with below :nyan:

Spoiler:
Show
1. make notes and mindmaps based on themes. for my exam board i find that the question of themes comes up more frequently so i try to revise based off themes but you can also do characters etc. i have a folder full of notes some are summarised whilst some are in depth; i try my best to review them often so the content stays fresh in my mind! for mindmaps, i make them based off themes but i do it in a way that its basically a theme based essay plan. by this i mean i add quotes based off that theme and any relevant context, therefore when it comes to revision i try to memorise them. also a lot of themes intertwine with each other so for example, love/passion/lust or war/military/heroism.

2. past papers and practice questions. look at some past paper questions and make essay plans for them! a good idea coming up to the real exams would be timing yourself and give yourself 15 mins to plan so youre almost replicating the real thing. the more practice you do the better your essay writing skills will get! even if you cant be bothered to write them up make some bullet points briefly and plan your answer, this is also very efficient for quick revision.

3. blurting technique. after i review my notes i will try to do the blurting technique so ill use a whiteboard or a scrap piece of paper and think of a theme for example 'jealousy' and write down as many quotes, context, parts in the text that introduce the theme of jealousy. then when i finish i will go review my notes again and see if i missed out anything that relates to the theme of jealousy and write them down in a different colour. this helps to strengthen your memory and see where your weaker areas are!

4. poetry. for poetry i suggest reviewing your annotations frequently so they also keep fresh in your mind. try to make comparisons between poems and this is particularly useful when doing practice exam questions you can find different similarities/differences between themes. also use the blurting technique so decide on a poem and blurt out any quotes you remember from it and any themes that link with that poem as well as any relevant context. for unseen poetry, look at some unseen poems so youre practising your analytical skills and try comparing them with the poems you do now.

5. exam techniques. make sure you check your exam boards assessment objectives, i know for some exam boards there is heavy emphasis on context (AO3) whilst not so much for others. make sure youre hitting all the AOS, so when youre doing a plan or even a practice essay, colour code all the AOS so youre not missing out on any!
succubus666
Rep:
(Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox)
I need the motivation too
i hope my blog can help
succubus666
Rep:
so today my plan for sociology: :bunny2:

Spoiler:
Show
is to review my sociology notes/exam questions and use the blurting technique to memorise information and just constantly repeat it to myself

for english: :kitty:
Spoiler:
Show
im going to review my notes/essay plans and annotate around my notes, im not sure there is anything else i can do! and use the blurting method i guess
succubus666
Rep:
soooo i didnt update in a while, monday i had a sociology mock for paper 1, it went pretty well!
wednesday i had a psychology mock for paper 1! that went great too
thursday i had sociology paper 2 which also went well
and on friday i have psychology paper 2 and english lit paper 1, so im basically tryna cram for those two now!!!!!!!!!! :nothing:
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
This thread actually motivates me to do some revision
succubus666
Rep:
(Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox)
This thread actually motivates me to do some revision
awww im so glad!!!!! that makes me so happy
succubus666
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i havent updated in a while!
i got an offer from cambridge a week ago so that was a big motivation booster!
my mocks are finished and i got an A* in psychology paper 1 and an A in paper 2!
just waiting for the others
to do list for today:
Spoiler:
Show
review schizophrenia notes and answer exam questions
review biopsychology notes and answer exam questions
_Rusty_
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by succubus666)
i havent updated in a while!
i got an offer from cambridge a week ago so that was a big motivation booster!
my mocks are finished and i got an A* in psychology paper 1 and an A in paper 2!
just waiting for the others
to do list for today:
Spoiler:
Show
review schizophrenia notes and answer exam questions
review biopsychology notes and answer exam questions
Well done
succubus666
Rep:
(Original post by _Rusty_)
Well done
thank you
Rudymanchego
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Wow such a great idea, I love it. I’m doing the same subjects as you 😲. Just out of interest what were your GCSEs? Mine were pretty ok except the last one 9998777765 (in maths) whoopsie 😊
succubus666
Rep:
(Original post by Rudymanchego)
Wow such a great idea, I love it. I’m doing the same subjects as you 😲. Just out of interest what were your GCSEs? Mine were pretty ok except the last one 9998777765 (in maths) whoopsie 😊
My GCSEs were ok not the best it was mainly 7s and 5s
Rudymanchego
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh wow, so well done with the Cambridge offer!! Your interview must have been amazing, well done. Good to see they look past GCSEs and see potential. Does your school mean you can be considered for contextual offers
succubus666
Rep:
(Original post by Rudymanchego)
Oh wow, so well done with the Cambridge offer!! Your interview must have been amazing, well done. Good to see they look past GCSEs and see potential. Does your school mean you can be considered for contextual offers
Thanks and i think they just like to see improvement so considering my GCSEs aren’t the absolute best yet my predicted grades, ps, written work have shown that i worked hard and have potential to succeed, its not all about GCSEs they take everything into consideration, you should see Ibz Mo who’s GCSEs aren’t all 9s and 8s either he also inspired me to apply. I don’t know if Cambridge offers contextual offers I’m not too sure. And yeah haha i think my interviews went well. But my offer is A*AA
Rudymanchego
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Nice well with your predicted you sound well on track 👍
succubus666
Rep:
Just got my English literature mock results!
I got an A* in paper 1 and an A* in paper 2! I’m really happy with those scores
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads