The Student Room Group

Dropping an A level subject in year 13

Currently a Year 12 doing three a levels however I was wondering is it be possible and how likely would I be able to switch my french a level into a as level so that I don't have to do it for yr 13 as I don't think I have the ability/motivation to get my target grade by the end of this year (for uni application) and instead do a EPQ and take two gap years for a level 3 (equivalent to a level qualification) course at college where I know I can get high grades from that?
You will need to be in full time education until you are 18, and two A levels plus an EPQ may not count. (I mean, there are other things you could do, but you can't just be in part time education.)

Forget some random target grade. What grades do you need to do whatever you hope to do after sixth form? If you stop doing A levels and go to college instead, those aren't gap years, it's just going to college instead and taking 3 years instead of 2.
Reply 2
Firstly, I can easily ask for more study periods and stuff like that to fill in the missing time so I don't need to worry about that.
Secondly, I need a AAB and I am currently working at an A*AC, (C being in French) which although I realise is not much, I don't have the motivation to revise for that subject and I just don't enjoy it. I am not going to stop doing a levels, I just want to drop one subject after year 12 so that I can focus on the other two for year 13 and then do 2 years for the level 3 college course

Quick Reply

Latest