UAL Wimbledon Offer + Accommodation

Watch this thread
soupanna
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I just received an offer for my top choice which was production arts for screen at Wimbledon and I'm probably going to take it. I'm an international student and I was debating which accommodation I should apply for. All of them are pretty far away from Wimbledon so I'll have to commute a decent amount anyway. I know it's pretty early to be stressing already but I want to come prepared as someone who's only been to London once.

Does anyone know which accommodation is best for people studying at Wimbledon and how are the social aspects there?
Erin Nash
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by soupanna)
I just received an offer for my top choice which was production arts for screen at Wimbledon and I'm probably going to take it. I'm an international student and I was debating which accommodation I should apply for. All of them are pretty far away from Wimbledon so I'll have to commute a decent amount anyway. I know it's pretty early to be stressing already but I want to come prepared as someone who's only been to London once.

Does anyone know which accommodation is best for people studying at Wimbledon and how are the social aspects there?
hii! I've got a place for September 2022 at Wimbledon too! I'll be studying acting and performance. I've been looking at furzedown as my top choice for accommodation as it seems pretty close to Wimbledon and it's one of the cheaper accomodations. hope that helps xx
soupanna
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Erin Nash)
hii! I've got a place for September 2022 at Wimbledon too! I'll be studying acting and performance. I've been looking at furzedown as my top choice for accommodation as it seems pretty close to Wimbledon and it's one of the cheaper accomodations. hope that helps xx
Yup I think I'll be staying at Furzedown too! Seems the best for commuting and its cheap compared to the other ones.
RomiLindenberg
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’m going to study costume for theatre and screen! Is there any Wimbledon group chat?
Erin Nash
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by RomiLindenberg)
I’m going to study costume for theatre and screen! Is there any Wimbledon group chat?
im not in one, we could always start one??
yunj0312
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by soupanna)

Hi! I've got an offer for Theatre design at Wimbledon, also considering accommodation. I'm considering Furzetown as my first choice.
Amelieeliza
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
If there’s a group chat I’d love to be in it! Just got offered a place for BA Acting and Performance
emiloop_
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I got an offer in my interview for production arts and I'm just waiting for my UCAS to update... I hope they haven't forgotten me lol. I cba to stay in UAL halls so I'm looking at general student halls and house shares. We could start an ig gc?
Amelieeliza
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I thought the same but got my offer don’t worry! I’m happy to make the gc if people want to send me their usernames or post them in here?
emiloop_
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thank goodness 🙏🙏 mines @emxwaters on ig
Amelieeliza
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Followed you! Hopefully they’ll be a few more interested in the group chat so it’s not just two of us 🤣🤣
emiloop_
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Amelieeliza)
Followed you! Hopefully they’ll be a few more interested in the group chat so it’s not just two of us 🤣🤣
Requested you back! That would be a tad lonely 😂😭
RomiLindenberg
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I would love to be added! My insta is @romicostumery
emiloop_
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I would love to be added! My insta is @romicostumery
I've followed you!
connred
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
hey! ive got an offer for Theatre Design at wimbledon, if there are any gc's let me know! my insta is @connred

im looking at furzedown for my first choice too!!
Erin Nash
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emiloop_)
Thank goodness 🙏🙏 mines @emxwaters on ig
im @erinnash_03 on insta xx
Rea :)
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amelieeliza)
If there’s a group chat I’d love to be in it! Just got offered a place for BA Acting and Performance

Hi!! Okay unsure how the reply option here works so it may look all wonky, but I got my offer today at like 3 AM for BA costume for theatre and screen! I'm international (Croatian) and would love to be in a gc! How can I join?
RomiLindenberg
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rea :))
Hi!! Okay unsure how the reply option here works so it may look all wonky, but I got my offer today at like 3 AM for BA costume for theatre and screen! I'm international (Croatian) and would love to be in a gc! How can I join?
Doing the same course! I was added to a ual costume group. What’s your Insta? Send me your handle and I can add you too 😊
Rea :)
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Doing the same course! I was added to a ual costume group. What’s your Insta? Send me your handle and I can add you too 😊
Is there a way for me to DM you here?
chloedenton2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Erin Nash)
Hi!! Im got accepted and starting studying at Wimbledon starting in Sept and im doing costume design for theatre and screen! Im thinking Furzedown as my accommodation too💖xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
18.4%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.4%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.4%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.6%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
26.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.8%

Watched Threads