Predicted grades for private candidates re sitting 2022

Watch this thread
obsolentbutcool
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello, its me again with all the questions (stressed individual over here)

I was wondering how and who will give my predicted grades to UCAS. For my TAGs given in summer 2021 i got really bad, D E E in Chem, bio and English lit. For my Re Sits i did in October 2021 i got really bad again, C in english D in biology and U in chemistry. by the way im planning to re sit my a level exams in 2022 summer hopefully.
How will my predicted grades be calculated and if they will be based on these two sets of grades i cant possibly go and study medicine with these bad grades. I would really appreciate some guidance and advice because im really stuck here. Thank you for reading
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Your referee will be asked to provide your predicted grades. You need to speak to them about whether they will be providing predictions (they’re optional) or not.
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
You keep posting about this but the missing bit of information you need to give is when you are applying through UCAS - it makes a huge difference. Are yo attempting to apply this month for Autumn 2022 entry, or after you receive your Summer 2022 re-sit results?
obsolentbutcool
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Your referee will be asked to provide your predicted grades. You need to speak to them about whether they will be providing predictions (they’re optional) or not.
ok thanks
obsolentbutcool
Rep:
(Original post by EOData)
You keep posting about this but the missing bit of information you need to give is when you are applying through UCAS - it makes a huge difference. Are yo attempting to apply this month for Autumn 2022 entry, or after you receive your Summer 2022 re-sit results?
at first i thought doing my re sits this summer would be too little time to revise for 3 alevels and do my coursework for english. But looking at it 5 months is enough time to prepare enough (what do you think?) so yes im looking to do my re sits this summer and apply for medicine in october 2022 God willing. But my question is if i apply in october 2022 for medicine would i even need predicted grades because i would already have my A Level results (summer 2022 ones)
EOData
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by obsolentbutcool)
at first i thought doing my re sits this summer would be too little time to revise for 3 alevels and do my coursework for english. But looking at it 5 months is enough time to prepare enough (what do you think?) so yes im looking to do my re sits this summer and apply for medicine in october 2022 God willing. But my question is if i apply in october 2022 for medicine would i even need predicted grades because i would already have my A Level results (summer 2022 ones)
Have you a plan for how to (re-)do the NEA for English? It needs the active participation of the exam centre to supervise and mark it and very few will do this. You might need to carry forward the mark you have and just re-sit the exams.

As I have repeatedly said on your various different threads, there is no need to have predicted grades if you have actual ones.
obsolentbutcool
Rep:
Have you a plan for how to (re-)do the NEA for English? It needs the active participation of the exam centre to supervise and mark it and very few will do this. You might need to carry forward the mark you have and just re-sit the exams.

As I have repeatedly said on your various different threads, there is no need to have predicted grades if you have actual ones.
yeah the english coursework i didnt do last year (i wasnt attending school lessons half the time so i didnt have enough time to do it) so thats going to be a tricky one, im going to email a school near me and a few others that accept private candidates for re sits and ill see what they say, and also for the Practicals for chem and bio.

Regarding the chem and bio practicals, last year for October 2021 i dont think unis put passing the practical part as a requirement (due to lockdowns etc) so would they carry that forward with my application in 2022 or not.
EOData
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by obsolentbutcool)
yeah the english coursework i didnt do last year (i wasnt attending school lessons half the time so i didnt have enough time to do it) so thats going to be a tricky one, im going to email a school near me and a few others that accept private candidates for re sits and ill see what they say,

Regarding the chem and bio practicals, last year for October 2021 i dont think unis put passing the practical part as a requirement (due to lockdowns etc) so would they carry that forward with my application in 2022 or not.
It's highly unlikely a school will help you. You'd have to sign up to a distance learning course or find one of the private exam centres if it's not too late already.

You'd have to check with individual universities what their requirements for passing the practicals is.
obsolentbutcool
Rep:
It's highly unlikely a school will help you. You'd have to sign up to a distance learning course or find one of the private exam centres if it's not too late already.

You'd have to check with individual universities what their requirements for passing the practicals is.
ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.76%
The paper was reasonable (190)
49.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.06%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.08%

Watched Threads