can i complain about this

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
i have new neighbors that have moved in and their teenage daughter lives in the room next door. At first she used to scream at night at like 1 am and wake me up and her and her mum talk loudly, to which i started banging on the wall and said i will call the police, and they started doing it even more.

then they would bang the wall, slam cupboards loud purposely at night and like stump on the ground and laugh, even though i was being quiet.

They haven't made noise in a while but last night i head a bang when i was sleeping, not sure if it was them or from outside. Today morning at 7am the girl wore me up slamming the cupboards loudly, 3 times.

I'm not being rude but I can't tell if she did it on purpose or it just happened because not being rude but she is on the heafty side. In the council it says they don't investigate everyday household noise. What do i do now?
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
you could complain to your landlord, or the police, but by the screaming and the banging I'd be more worried there's some sort of abuse going on. obviously this might not be the case but it might be worth mentioning to the police or even social services.
_Robyn_
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i have new neighbors that have moved in and their teenage daughter lives in the room next door. At first she used to scream at night at like 1 am and wake me up and her and her mum talk loudly, to which i started banging on the wall and said i will call the police, and they started doing it even more.

then they would bang the wall, slam cupboards loud purposely at night and like stump on the ground and laugh, even though i was being quiet.

They haven't made noise in a while but last night i head a bang when i was sleeping, not sure if it was them or from outside. Today morning at 7am the girl wore me up slamming the cupboards loudly, 3 times.

I'm not being rude but I can't tell if she did it on purpose or it just happened because not being rude but she is on the heafty side. In the council it says they don't investigate everyday household noise. What do i do now?
If I were you I would call the police. From the sound of things the child could be getting abused. Call the police just to be on the safe side.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by lucyyy12)
you could complain to your landlord, or the police, but by the screaming and the banging I'd be more worried there's some sort of abuse going on. obviously this might not be the case but it might be worth mentioning to the police or even social services.
hey, thank for replying, when there was banging i could hear her and her cousins laughing after, they were obviously doing it on purpose. Even once she was banging the cupboard at 4am and then did the hair dryer loudly near the wall, i said i will call the council and the girl shouted i don't care.

i don't think she is
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I would just invest in some earplugs.
Slx.24
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by black tea)
I would just invest in some earplugs.
Now that's big brain 👌
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Id keep a diary of what has been happening.
Then complain to the council. If you have a diary of whats happened, then at least you have a record of whats happened when. And the council will take you more seriously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads