The Student Room Group

epq

Hey, I'm doing an EPQ right now, and planning to apply for medicine. I'm just wondering whether achieving a low grade on my epq would effect my medicine application, since my school isn't keen on letting me drop it at this stage in the year?
Original post by dolphins123
Hey, I'm doing an EPQ right now, and planning to apply for medicine. I'm just wondering whether achieving a low grade on my epq would effect my medicine application, since my school isn't keen on letting me drop it at this stage in the year?

Are you in year 12 or 13? First check the grade requirements for the different units to see if they include offers with EPQ (most don’t but some may lower the offer). If EPQ isn’t mentioned, don’t worry about it too much as the uni won’t mind about your grade, although they will like that you’ve taken the initiative to undertake a project on your own. If in year 12, they’ll be able to see the grade you got in the EPQ on ucas, if you’re in year 13 they never find out unless you tell them I think. Either way, I wouldn’t worry about it too much, just enjoy learning about something new!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending