The Student Room Group

applying to two universities for two courses

Is this a bad idea? I.e. applying for course A and B at University X and course C and D at University Y?
Reply 1
No, not usually, as applications are handled by the separate departments in the university but bear in mind you only get to submit one personal statement through UCAS (unless you are allowed to submit an additional one by the university) so you don't want to make it too broad that you risk not receiving any offers at all. What and where do you intend on applying?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by coco:)
No, not usually, as applications are handled by the separate departments in the university but bear in mind you only get to submit one personal statement through UCAS (unless you are allowed to submit an additional one by the university) so you don't want to make it too broad that you risk not receiving any offers at all. What and where do you intend on applying?

The courses are quite similar. KCL (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) and (Political Economy). UCL (Politics and International Relations) and (History, Politics and Economics).

I spoke to UCL and they said they don’t look into the personal statement as much for HPE as they’re aware it’s a unique degree.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
The courses are quite similar. KCL (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) and (Political Economy). UCL (Politics and International Relations) and (History, Politics and Economics).

I spoke to UCL and they said they don’t look into the personal statement as much for HPE as they’re aware it’s a unique degree.

Yes, they are quite similar. What are the entry requirements? Do your predicted grades meet them give or take one grade or are they all ambitious applications?
Reply 4
Yes, they are quite similar. What are the entry requirements? Do your predicted grades meet them give or take one grade or are they all ambitious applications?

I have achieved A*AA. KCL PPE (A*AA). KCL Political Economy (A*AA). UCL Politics and IR (AAA). UCL History Politics and Economics (AAA). Then one safer choice.
Reply 5
I have achieved A*AA. KCL PPE (A*AA). KCL Political Economy (A*AA). UCL Politics and IR (AAA). UCL History Politics and Economics (AAA). Then one safer choice.

Well, I don't see anything wrong with that but perhaps someone else can give you a second opinion. Good luck! :h:
Reply 6
Well, I don't see anything wrong with that but perhaps someone else can give you a second opinion. Good luck! :h:

Thank you!
Reply 7
bump

The courses are so similar you should be able to do this easily with one PS - pick two or three relevant topics and discuss them without being specifuc about 'subject'.
Original post by McGinger
The courses are so similar you should be able to do this easily with one PS - pick two or three relevant topics and discuss them without being specifuc about 'subject'.

Thank you. But is it recommend to apply to a university twice?

Not a problem - we dont care.

Agree with the above, it doesn't make any difference to how you are considered, (assuming you can write a decent PS that addresses common areas in both).

The only advice I would give is that if the grade requirements are the same, it may be a waste as you are likely to get 2 x acceptances or 2 x rejections, IE. it won't necessarily increase your chances of receiving an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending