The Student Room Group

geography coursework

hello,
im in need of some assiatance, i need to do my A level geography ... but i have no idea as our teacher is a complete retard.
erm exam board is OCR but teacher has not given us any specification so i have no real idea how to start... we are allowed to do it on anything ... but i dont know all of the data i would need to collect if i make up a hypothesis.
so if anyone could give me a hypothesis and possible data collection ideas it would be much appreciated

thanks

alex
look at the OCR Geography specification on the OCR site.
Reply 2
I did my Geography coursework on sand dunes at Coatham and spurn point. The aim was to investigate how the conditions found at each site affected the dune.
I collected the following data
Soil Ph
Gradient
Infiltration reading
Vegetation covering (%)
Vegetation species

Hope that helps :wink:
Did you do GCSE Geography? If so would do something similar to that if you could, unless it was rivers, which is one I would stay away from as would be expected.
Reply 4
What a **** teacher =/

Do something that you can use in your exams too so you're revising at the same time
Reply 5
yeah my teacher is a gay boy man! no one in the year has a clue what to do really so we're all kinda winging it ... calre i did do gcse geog ... but if i was doing it on a previous one i'd do the AS coursework as we collect a weeks worth of info about sand dunes and stuff although i found that kinda boring i might as a last resort have to use it if i dont get something together in this next week ... cheers all help people muhc love... erm yeah how do you do soil pH ?? ... because my origional hypothesis was going to be 'what factors affect changes in soil characteristics down a slope' but its got so much potential data to collect... lol and im not sure wheres a large enough slope has to be like 1km probably minimum...
i live in kent any ideas of big hill type places ?
i can collect soil depth, moisture acidity... profile of slope land use info and rain over area... so i think this is a good option
thanks all
alex
x
the downes are fairly near aren't they? Kent? not many hills there.

Latest