The Student Room Group

I have problems with getting with women

Whenever the opportunity arises with this girl I get scared and freeze up, from the times that we've met I've liked her quite a bit. She came over yesterday but I missed my opportunity and didn't shoot my shot, I lacked the confidence and was too scared to go for it. Now I feel as though ill never get an opportunity like this.
Reply 1
I'm 18
Reply 2
But i really liked this girl and it feels like I've wasted my only opportunity with her
Original post by Anonymous
But i really liked this girl and it feels like I've wasted my only opportunity with her

what about on text? could you get her number and try to talk to her on text then gradually in person too? maybe you could ask a friend for her number.
Reply 4
Grab a nike tee that says "Just do it" And just do it
Reply 5
Original post by harlz_chalamet
what about on text? could you get her number and try to talk to her on text then gradually in person too? maybe you could ask a friend for her number.

I have her snap and she came yesterday to visit my flatmate
Reply 6
Original post by Slx.24
Grab a nike tee that says "Just do it" And just do it

yh but how do i just do it
Reply 7
yh but how do i just do it

Okay okay, jokes aside.
What actually happens when you try talking to her?
Or why do you feel like you can't talk to her/
Reply 8
Original post by Slx.24
Okay okay, jokes aside.
What actually happens when you try talking to her?
Or why do you feel like you can't talk to her/

We can talk to each and make conversation, I just don’t know how to make conversation
Reply 9
We can talk to each and make conversation, I just don’t know how to make conversation

Can you make conversation with other people?

And do you have similar interests (not hobbies but things you can both talk about)?
Whenever the opportunity arises with this girl I get scared and freeze up, from the times that we've met I've liked her quite a bit. She came over yesterday but I missed my opportunity and didn't shoot my shot, I lacked the confidence and was too scared to go for it. Now I feel as though ill never get an opportunity like this.

Happened to me all the time. After many years the realisation sunk in that I was likely missing the main thing which was to ignore thoughts of getting with her and just talk to her to really get to know her. A girl is less likely to say yes if she feels she doesn't really know you plus while you may think she is god's gift you don't really know her, not deep enough most likely. So try and be friends with her first I would say to really build up familiarity with her. Also do you know if she already has a bf? While she might still be interested if she does it's handy info to know along with whether there are any other guys she is interested in/interested in her. I wouldn't get obsessive on that one but a vague idea can be informative.
Reply 11

You eat you can have conversation but can't make conversation? Not sure what you mean exactly.. I'm just gonna assume and say what i can. Think a bit more before you speak, try to speak as confidently as you can and lead topics on that flow with the previous conversation if you think of them. Just keep talking to her and get comfortable
Original post by Gavin2016
Happened to me all the time. After many years the realisation sunk in that I was likely missing the main thing which was to ignore thoughts of getting with her and just talk to her to really get to know her. A girl is less likely to say yes if she feels she doesn't really know you plus while you may think she is god's gift you don't really know her, not deep enough most likely. So try and be friends with her first I would say to really build up familiarity with her. Also do you know if she already has a bf? While she might still be interested if she does it's handy info to know along with whether there are any other guys she is interested in/interested in her. I wouldn't get obsessive on that one but a vague idea can be informative.

Gooood advice. Getting to know them better and getting closer is a great idea
Original post by Gavin2016

we've gone on a couple of nights out now and she just broke up with her boyfriend, whenever she comes over its mainly us two talking
Original post by Slx.24
You eat you can have conversation but can't make conversation? Not sure what you mean exactly.. I'm just gonna assume and say what i can. Think a bit more before you speak, try to speak as confidently as you can and lead topics on that flow with the previous conversation if you think of them. Just keep talking to her and get comfortable

Gooood advice. Getting to know them better and getting closer is a great idea

Yh ill try that then, but its gonna have to be through snapchat even though im not great on there
Reply 14
Yh ill try that then, but its gonna have to be through snapchat even though im not great on there

Yh good. Np just start from where you can and build up :biggrin:

Watch Love Actually. Follow Colin's plan. Not any of the others coz they have no balls xcept for Liam Nelson's kid.
we've gone on a couple of nights out now and she just broke up with her boyfriend, whenever she comes over its mainly us two talking

Good you've moved things along (I assuming here you're not the guy in another thread where she has gotten pregnant and back with her bf). So I wouldn't linger there, might as well move forward, tell her you like her, if she likes you, kiss, and later sex, etc Seal the deal basically and make her your gf before another guy moves in or she gets back with her bf. Spend as much time as possible with her without stifling her so that will help you get closer and keep the competition out with a bit of luck, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending