Wills and Trusts Problem

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Politicojt
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi there.

I am wondering about clauses in a will and if they will be valid or not.

3. I give the sum of £450,000 to my brother. t is my sincerest wish and desire and my most earnest hope that he will use money of that total sum of £450,000 for the benefit of my nieces and my nephew by assisting them in such way or ways as he sees fit.

4. I give the sum of money to SuperTrust (PTC) Ltd, which is registered in the British Virgin Islands, to hold the same on trust to provide grants to such small or start-up charities which aim to improve the lives of children and young adults in the UK in such sums as SuperTrust (PTC) Ltd shall in its absolute discretion think fit.
I hereby declare that SuperTrust (PTC) Ltd may provide such grants for the purpose of claiming Gift Aid tax relief under UK tax law on any such grants which are provided by SuperTrust (PTC) Ltd as such trustee as aforesaid.

5. Subject to the above, I give the residue of my estate to my trustees to hold the same on trust after the payment of my debts, funeral and testamentary expenses on trust to pay or apply the income and capital to or for the benefit of members of the Anglican faith living in Melchester or within the surrounding area of 20 miles therefrom in such sums and at such times and in such manner as my trustees shall in their absolute discretion think fit.

In order to make these clauses valid, can somebody point me in the correct direction of what I should be looking for.

Especially clause 4 as I see this as being for a charitable purpose but also not sure about clause 5.

Many thanks
Lawschoolhack
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
IMO

Clause 3 - valid

Clause 5 - valid.

clause 4 - don't know
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (57)
18.94%
The paper was reasonable (112)
37.21%
Not feeling great about that exam... (87)
28.9%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
14.95%

Watched Threads