Is it good to have an insurance choice for University

Watch this thread
Yumi.Suzuru
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I've recently applied to a few universities, and I've got offers. I heard there was something called an insurance choice that you can make as a backup after making your firm choice (1st choice), but is it good to have an insurance choice for University or not? Does it affect the application in any way?I am not too sure about how this works and I'd be happy to get some advice, thanks! (:
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Your insurance uni choice is one where you are confident you can get the grades. Your preferred uni is your 'stretch' uni - you may not get the grades. Thus, you will have your insurance uni as your fall-back uni.
Yumi.Suzuru
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
Your insurance uni choice is one where you are confident you can get the grades. Your preferred uni is your 'stretch' uni - you may not get the grades. Thus, you will have your insurance uni as your fall-back uni.
Ahh, that makes sense, so my firm choice is the one I would want to go to, whereas, my insurance is the one I'd most likely be able to get grade-wise, thank you so much!!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Yumi.Suzuru)
Ahh, that makes sense, so my firm choice is the one I would want to go to, whereas, my insurance is the one I'd most likely be able to get grade-wise, thank you so much!!
That’s basically it but don’t put down an insurance choice you wouldn’t actually want to attend just because it’s your lowest offer. Both choices should be Unis you would be happy to go too - but your Firm choice may be slightly more aspirational
marchag
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
TSR has good some advice on firm and insurance offers here

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.17%
As I expected (68)
31.78%
Harder (82)
38.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.74%

Watched Threads