The Student Room Group

Biology a level students, what's your favourite topic in the subject right now?

For me oddly, its biodiversity and classification (Chapter 4.2 and 4.3 in OCR A), Idk why but learning about the species names like Gorilla gorilla (Western Gorilla) fascinate me 🤣
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by RazzyLightning
For me oddly, its biodiversity and classification (Chapter 4.2 and 4.3 in OCR A), Idk why but learning about the species names like Gorilla gorilla (Western Gorilla) fascinate me 🤣

currently, weirdly it's biological membranes and enzymes (2.5 and 2.4 in OCR A) - kinda makes me feel good for not having a lot of water in my system when I learnt about hypertonic solutions and hypotonic and for enzymes, I love love lovee it, but now i appreciate it bc I know about diseases like PKU and the dangers of not having those coenzymes - scurvy and rickets but I would love to do classification, is it much harder than it was at gcse? at gcse is was domain, kingdom, ----, phylum, family, genus, species.
Original post by JA03
currently, weirdly it's biological membranes and enzymes (2.5 and 2.4 in OCR A) - kinda makes me feel good for not having a lot of water in my system when I learnt about hypertonic solutions and hypotonic and for enzymes, I love love lovee it, but now i appreciate it bc I know about diseases like PKU and the dangers of not having those coenzymes - scurvy and rickets but I would love to do classification, is it much harder than it was at gcse? at gcse is was domain, kingdom, ----, phylum, family, genus, species.

Enzymes is a good shout! One interesting thing I learnt is that enzymes can not only break molecules but can reform them as well lol

And for that question, I would say there's a lot more to learn obviously, but overall it is really fun learning about how animals that look totally different are so similar genetically (Like the hippopotamus and blue whale), so if you like it, it's easy until you find out about standard deviation 😂

Seriously going back to relearn it is sooooo tiresome XD

Quick Reply

Latest