Biology a level students, what's your favourite topic in the subject right now?

Watch this thread
RazzyLightning
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
For me oddly, its biodiversity and classification (Chapter 4.2 and 4.3 in OCR A), Idk why but learning about the species names like Gorilla gorilla (Western Gorilla) fascinate me 🤣
Last edited by RazzyLightning; 3 months ago
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by RazzyLightning)
For me oddly, its biodiversity and classification (Chapter 4.2 and 4.3 in OCR A), Idk why but learning about the species names like Gorilla gorilla (Western Gorilla) fascinate me 🤣
currently, weirdly it's biological membranes and enzymes (2.5 and 2.4 in OCR A) - kinda makes me feel good for not having a lot of water in my system when I learnt about hypertonic solutions and hypotonic and for enzymes, I love love lovee it, but now i appreciate it bc I know about diseases like PKU and the dangers of not having those coenzymes - scurvy and rickets but I would love to do classification, is it much harder than it was at gcse? at gcse is was domain, kingdom, ----, phylum, family, genus, species.
RazzyLightning
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by JA03)
currently, weirdly it's biological membranes and enzymes (2.5 and 2.4 in OCR A) - kinda makes me feel good for not having a lot of water in my system when I learnt about hypertonic solutions and hypotonic and for enzymes, I love love lovee it, but now i appreciate it bc I know about diseases like PKU and the dangers of not having those coenzymes - scurvy and rickets but I would love to do classification, is it much harder than it was at gcse? at gcse is was domain, kingdom, ----, phylum, family, genus, species.
Enzymes is a good shout! One interesting thing I learnt is that enzymes can not only break molecules but can reform them as well lol

And for that question, I would say there's a lot more to learn obviously, but overall it is really fun learning about how animals that look totally different are so similar genetically (Like the hippopotamus and blue whale), so if you like it, it's easy until you find out about standard deviation 😂

Seriously going back to relearn it is sooooo tiresome XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.83%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.73%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.11%

Watched Threads