I can't like my flatmate

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi. I'm a master's student and staying in a flat of university's accommodation. There are 5 people in my flat, and I can't like one of them. To me, it feels like she's a bit lack of delicacy, not caring about what other people would feel while she's talking. She thinks that I'm her friend, but actually she's not the type of person I'm good at getting on with. She often asks me to go out together, but I'm always avoiding it giving some excuses (and actually I'm very busy basically). But I also feel a bit guilty because I know she's not a bad person and she really wants to hand out with someone. How should I deal with this situation?
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
depending on what shes like, tell her to f off or say "i dont like to go out with you" or if shes nice-ish, say you dont like to go out much
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zuluwarrior7650)
depending on what shes like, tell her to f off or say "i dont like to go out with you" or if shes nice-ish, say you dont like to go out much
I don't think she's a kind of person to be f -ed off but she can't understand my modest 'no' if I tell her I don't like to go out with her indirectly. I don't care whether she likes me or not, but I don't want to upset her.
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't think she's a kind of person to be f -ed off but she can't understand my modest 'no' if I tell her I don't like to go out with her indirectly. I don't care whether she likes me or not, but I don't want to upset her.
Be blunt and tell her you'll never go out with her
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zuluwarrior7650)
Be blunt and tell her you'll never go out with her
Yeah, maybe I need to try to do so... I hope she won't be so shocked as I expect.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I would just continue to politely decline. Probably she’ll get the hint in time and you avoid the hurt of a blunt rejection when you have to share and you don’t want upset them. These things are only for a time.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just say you have too much work ...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zarek)
I would just continue to politely decline. Probably she’ll get the hint in time and you avoid the hurt of a blunt rejection when you have to share and you don’t want upset them. These things are only for a time.
Yeah, I hope she get the hint some time... I've been declining her invitations for the past 3 months but she still continues to invite me. It's just annoying she sometimes seems to think I would say yes to everything she says, which I don't know why.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
Just say you have too much work ...
Yes, I have been telling her so, but she still insists saying 'It's just one night!' That annoys me when I'm really busy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.72%
Not yet, but I will soon (53)
18.28%
No (116)
40%

Watched Threads