zaceasif12
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
is eng lit, classics and spanish + epq a good a level combo to keep my options open for uni at oxbridge / cambridge specifically. considering history instead of spanish but worried about workload, got two 9s in eng pang + lit so essays are good
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Any ideas what you might want to study at university?

Maths is probably the single subject most needed for different degrees but if you're never going to consider any of them that is irrelevant.
zaceasif12
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by EOData)
Any ideas what you might want to study at university?

Maths is probably the single subject most needed for different degrees but if you're never going to consider any of them that is irrelevant.
eng lit at cambridge, i wanted to do maths to add variety but is it better to just do all essay based + epq instead
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Go to the websites of the universities you are interested in and see what subjects they require and/or recommend for the courses you are interested in. That's it. There aren't secret requirements that they don't advertise and which you have to deduce by finding the right person to ask.

Three A levels and an EPQ is a very normal workload which almost everyone who goes to university manages just fine. If you are having to carefully pick your A levels because three completely ordinary A levels might be too much for you, you probably want to rethink Cambridge, where the workload will be something else. I'm not saying this to put you off applying for Cambridge, I'm saying it to point out that a potential Cambridge applicant doesn't need to be concerned about the differences in workload involved in different A level combinations. If you want to take history, take it. If you want to take Spanish, take it. If you want to take maths, take it. No Eng Lit tutor in the universe (or at least the UK) will care which of them you chose as your third A level - they will only care that you can get the required grade in it. The only time it's going to be an issue is if you get half way through your A level course and realise that actually you want to study, for instance, history or economics.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Sounds good to me.

Class Civ will complement the English Lit nicely, as you study plays and epic poetry in Class Civ, and you also study some literature in Spanish as well (albeit in Spanish of course.) Para Agua Como Chocolate was one that I had to study for Spanish A Level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads