Anyone else think marvel films are childish? They're just so far fetched and cringey

Watch this thread
concernedLMAO
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Discuss
Last edited by concernedLMAO; 3 months ago
hannahbbk134
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Then don’t watch them lol
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yes, another great take. Don't know how all these people don't have Marvel film fatigue by now.
concernedLMAO
Rep:
(Original post by hannahbbk134)
Then don’t watch them lol
I don't.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I marvel at your threads, I really do.
concernedLMAO
Rep:
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
Yes, another great take. Don't know how all these people don't have Marvel film fatigue by now.
Yeah I'm not even trying to provoke people here. They genuinely seem to be aimed at children. Plot of every single one:

Bad guy comes and wrecks everyone.
Things look hopeless
Argument/friction between various team members
Eventually come to like each other
In the final battle loads of cringe quotes and the characters who didn't like each other working together

This is only one of my criticisms. Others:

Too many superheroes. Like how are they super when there are thousands of them
iron man calling Spiderman "kid"
Cringey speeches
Why do they all wear such stupid clothes
Why are they all so emotional all the time. Like seriously can they not just get a grip and talk like adults instead of doing their dramatic pauses
Gone on way too long

Some of them are alright especially the older ones like spider man with green goblin and dr octopus or the modern animated Spiderman with female Doc Oc but when it's an infinity war type thing I can't stand them. Gave infinity war a chance and it was just awful
Last edited by concernedLMAO; 3 months ago
Porridge9280
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
IDK. they are good to watch when you have nothing else to do or when you have the film on and your scrolling through Instagram because they don't take a lot of thought to understand. They are simple films that follow a format of bad guy, fight, hero wins.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Modern Marvel actually kinda sucks tbh. I only care for Spider-Man and Doctor Strange.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I don't really like any superhero-y stuff so I agree with this, really
avery_
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
yeah i agree, it's really surface level but then again, i love star wars which is also very surface level!
Retronomical
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I once saw this tweet that said marvel haters love to announce that the dislike marvel at every opportunity. Ever since then I just been minding my business
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Most films generally are a bit far fetched - it's not like Django Unchained is realistic.

Marvel films are fun, but generally uninspired and not very innovative. Not worth watching religiously but good if you want something entertaining and semi-mindless.
RazzyLightning
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Honestly thought Spiderman: No way home was Ok, Not good but not awful either.

Couldn't sit through Spiderman: Homecoming again with that cringe scene with Iron man taking away peter's suit saying 'If you're nothing without the suit you shouldn't have it' Like, do I need to explain why that's dumb :/

In summary, Marvel movies are just there for me and idc about them as much lol.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by RazzyLightning)
Honestly thought Spiderman: No way home was Ok, Not good but not awful either.

Couldn't sit through Spiderman: Homecoming again with that cringe scene with Iron man taking away peter's suit saying 'If you're nothing without the suit you shouldn't have it' Like, do I need to explain why that's dumb :/

In summary, Marvel movies are just there for me and idc about them as much lol.
If you're talking Spider-Man then the Tom Holland films are heavily overrated and Spider-Man fans get the most out of No Way Home. Sam Raimi films, TASM1 and Spider-Verse are better.
RazzyLightning
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
If you're talking Spider-Man then the Tom Holland films are heavily overrated and Spider-Man fans get the most out of No Way Home. Sam Raimi films, TASM1 and Spider-Verse are better.
^^^^^^^

Honestly thought that i wasn't cringing at the dynamic between Iron man and Spiderman in the Tom Holland films

Like, solo Spiderman adventures without the fancy mech suit are waaayyyy better lol
Angel in the sky
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Never liked them and never will
poketwist
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I've always been a bit of a geek so ill probably be a little biased-
I think for what marvel tries to do - they do it really well. You don't go watch a marvel movie for an emotional rollercoaster or to watch a film that subtly comments on the state of our world/society or for anything else that art is generally supposed to do.
You go watch a marvel film for a mediocre predictable story with hell of a lot CGI and fight sequences that appeals to the child in us with a hero complex. Anytime they try to be more like with falcon and the winter soldier where they tried to talk about the inequality people face in our world (which was kinda ironic since they treated Shang chi and black widow movies rather horribly) its been boring af
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (65)
19.76%
The paper was reasonable (122)
37.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (94)
28.57%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
14.59%

Watched Threads