home fee elegibility?

Watch this thread
bertik
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I was wondering if I am elegible for home fees in the uk, I'm italian(in the uk rn) and currently waiting for an answer for the UK Settlement application I did back in december, for the moment I have a certificate of application while I'm waiting to get an answer from the gov.
I was able to make a late application due to the fact that my mother works and lives here in the uk since 2013 and she has settled status, I'm making an application has a family member of her, that said I was also wondering if by applying has a family member of a person with settled status I gain the same rights that my mother has for living in the uk from more than 3 years.
hamlethoratio
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by bertik)
Hi, I was wondering if I am elegible for home fees in the uk, I'm italian(in the uk rn) and currently waiting for an answer for the UK Settlement application I did back in december, for the moment I have a certificate of application while I'm waiting to get an answer from the gov.
I was able to make a late application due to the fact that my mother works and lives here in the uk since 2013 and she has settled status, I'm making an application has a family member of her, that said I was also wondering if by applying has a family member of a person with settled status I gain the same rights that my mother has for living in the uk from more than 3 years.
Does that mean you don’t have permanent residency? In which case, I’m pretty sure you won’t get to pay home fees until you do gain permanent residency status. My mum had to go through all of this hassle too and I’m pretty sure it did work so that unless you have gained permanent residency yourself you still had to pay international fees for uni. If you are able to get permanent residency though you should probably consider applying for British citizenship too although the test is an absolute pain, you would get a lot of benefits if you want to go to uni here and work in the uk!
hamlethoratio
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hamlethoratio)
Does that mean you don’t have permanent residency? In which case, I’m pretty sure you won’t get to pay home fees until you do gain permanent residency status. My mum had to go through all of this hassle too and I’m pretty sure it did work so that unless you have gained permanent residency yourself you still had to pay international fees for uni. If you are able to get permanent residency though you should probably consider applying for British citizenship too although the test is an absolute pain, you would get a lot of benefits if you want to go to uni here and work in the uk!
You could always consider going abroad for uni though? I don’t know how expensive it is in Italy but in many EU countries you can go to uni for free and I’m sure many would have english or Italian speaking courses.
bertik
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by hamlethoratio)
I don't think you need permanent residency, I'm pretty sure that Settled status is enough,am I wrong?
hamlethoratio
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by bertik)
I don't think you need permanent residency, I'm pretty sure that Settled status is enough,am I wrong?
Oh I am terribly sorry I meant settled status, I confused myself! Although once again I’d consider going for permanent residency and British citizenship eventually if you plan to live here for the rest of your life
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (54)
18.82%
The paper was reasonable (106)
36.93%
Not feeling great about that exam... (84)
29.27%
It was TERRIBLE (43)
14.98%

Watched Threads