Oxford interview contents

Watch this thread
awdasdsddvfa
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello,

Since oxford has sent out their offers now (i got one), am I allowed to tell teachers what was in the interview now, since they want to know for the people applying next year. Obviously, there was the agreement before the interview that the contents cannot be shared with teachers, but has that now lapsed since the interviews have finished?
sophiemadfish
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by awdasdsddvfa)
Hello,

Since oxford has sent out their offers now (i got one), am I allowed to tell teachers what was in the interview now, since they want to know for the people applying next year. Obviously, there was the agreement before the interview that the contents cannot be shared with teachers, but has that now lapsed since the interviews have finished?
My understanding is that the answer is ‘no’ - and that you are not meant to (ever) divulge interview questions or pieces of text/at interview assessment material sent to you etc as it may give an advantage to future applicants. I wouldn’t risk it if I were you in case it ever got repeated back that you had shared information - I personally wouldn’t want to jeopardise my own offer just so someone else (teachers) can hear what was asked etc ….
aaq1
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sophiemadfish)
My understanding is that the answer is ‘no’ - and that you are not meant to (ever) divulge interview questions or pieces of text/at interview assessment material sent to you etc as it may give an advantage to future applicants. I wouldn’t risk it if I were you in case it ever got repeated back that you had shared information - I personally wouldn’t want to jeopardise my own offer just so someone else (teachers) can hear what was asked etc ….
This is what it states in terms of Code of Conduct:

If you are shortlisted, it is important that you recognise that in accepting your invitation to interview, you are agreeing to the following code of conduct:

- I agree not to share in any form the content of interviews with others and including but not limited to candidates or teachers at my school/college or at any another school/college. This includes discussing the content of interviews verbally, as well as disseminating any materials shared in advance of or during interviews (e.g. documents, images, etc.)
- I agree not to research online any materials shared with me as part of a pre-interview task (unless explicitly permitted to do so by the interviewers)
- I agree not to record interviews (in either audio or video format), or to permit others (including but not limited to teachers, family members, etc.) to record interviews.
- I agree to take part in the interview myself and not to ask or allow anyone else to impersonate my identity fraudulently.

Candidates will be at serious risk of having any offer withdrawn if they do not abide by any aspects of this code of conduct.

Just out of interest, is this a new requirement from this year or has it always been there? Of course, those who haven't got the offer may share the information. So not sure the code about sharing information will be strictly implemented long after the interviews have been completed.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by awdasdsddvfa)
Hello,

Best not to, tbh: some tutors use the same questions year-in, year-out, so you could be giving people from your school an unfair advantage. For example, I know that my Oxford tutor used an answer I gave to a question in 2006, as basis for an interview question in the interviews in December 2020 :lolwut:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads