I overreact to any illness or pain

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I freely admit that I overreact to any illness or pain and assume that whatever is wrong with me is worst case scenario. Currently I’ve noticed that when I’m lying down or sat down I can feel a pulsing in my legs but I’ve been told this is because I am resting on an artery that runs through my legs.

Additionally I’ve got arthritis in my left knee and have done for 4 years now which has had a knock on effect on how I run which I has caused other injuries. I recently bought some new running trainers which as I am still trying to break them in are causing ankle and foot pain. However this pain coupled with the pulsing sensation is convincing me there’s something wrong with me.

What can I do to stop acting like this?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Have a look at this self-help guide on health anxiety:

https://web.ntw.nhs.uk/selfhelp/leaf...%20Anxiety.pdf
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I freely admit that I overreact to any illness or pain and assume that whatever is wrong with me is worst case scenario. Currently I’ve noticed that when I’m lying down or sat down I can feel a pulsing in my legs but I’ve been told this is because I am resting on an artery that runs through my legs.

Additionally I’ve got arthritis in my left knee and have done for 4 years now which has had a knock on effect on how I run which I has caused other injuries. I recently bought some new running trainers which as I am still trying to break them in are causing ankle and foot pain. However this pain coupled with the pulsing sensation is convincing me there’s something wrong with me.

What can I do to stop acting like this?
i do this I currently self diagnosed my self with 10 different diseases and its literally ruining my mental health .. the doctor literally said my blood test is fine but IDK I always overthink ... I'm scared to go to the doctors but I want to go to check if everything alright but I don't want to be annoying
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
cant speak to illness but pain is subjective, for all you know what youre feeling would be agony to anyone else so dont think too much on it in that regard. otherwise i hear types of therapy, wellness/mindfulness (or whatever its called) are supposed to be good for such aflictions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads