English Literature exam

Watch this thread
user_2307
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi. My school is teaching Much Ado About Nothing as our Shakespeare play but I’m really not understanding it and can’t fund many good resources online. However, I understand Macbeth. Do you think I would be able to answer the exam question on Macbeth even though it isn’t the play that my school has chosen?
LightHades
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Hi there, I'm guessing you mean "when the actual GCSEs roll around, can you answer a question for a play you didn't study?" I mean I don't think there's anything stopping you, so yes, I'd assume you could. That being said, it's unadvisable. It's not enough just to be able to understand the general gist of the play. You have to know the more in-depth inner workings of how it all comes together to answer the question well. That, unfortunately, can really only come from studying it in school, unless you're willing to study both plays in-depth, keeping in mind you'd largely have to use the internet for Macbeth. I appreciate that plays can be hard, but it's much more effective and time-efficient for you to resolve your questions about Much Ado About Nothing, rather than heading on an entirely different path. You could ask your teacher, friends or even people here for help. Well, that's my take on it anyway. I hope this helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads