university.

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,
so basically ...

I'm currently really struggling with my mental health issues.
And overall my health - just is not great.
And I've informed my university that I am struggling with completing my assignments.
However, all I get back is... "you are capable of doing them"....

I understand that getting a degree is not easy.
I also understand that they have to be fair to all students- as my university says.
However, when my university keeps saying they are always there to help and they will always be flexible in order to meet our needs.
I literally have never gotten any help or support.
So, I always keep these issues to myself.

Yes, I have gathered that I need to deal with it myself - as my university mentor says.
However, this is just making me feel like .... and my mental health is just deteriorating day by day. And it doesn't help when no one really cares.
Hence, I always feel like leaving university nowadays. But this is not what I want deep inside. I want to pursue my education and get a degree in order to become a teacher. *deep sigh*

If I could, I would live and just do everything as I normally would.
But I just can't deal with this all anymore.

Thanks for listening to my little rant. (I have no one to talk to about this).
Appreciate any help with this.
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Have you got any help or treatment?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Have you asked for help with your health from healthcare professionals.

A university is there to teach you not treat you.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
so basically ...

I'm currently really struggling with my mental health issues.
And overall my health - just is not great.
And I've informed my university that I am struggling with completing my assignments.
However, all I get back is... "you are capable of doing them"....

I understand that getting a degree is not easy.
I also understand that they have to be fair to all students- as my university says.
However, when my university keeps saying they are always there to help and they will always be flexible in order to meet our needs.
I literally have never gotten any help or support.
So, I always keep these issues to myself.

Yes, I have gathered that I need to deal with it myself - as my university mentor says.
However, this is just making me feel like .... and my mental health is just deteriorating day by day. And it doesn't help when no one really cares.
Hence, I always feel like leaving university nowadays. But this is not what I want deep inside. I want to pursue my education and get a degree in order to become a teacher. *deep sigh*

If I could, I would live and just do everything as I normally would.
But I just can't deal with this all anymore.

Thanks for listening to my little rant. (I have no one to talk to about this).
Appreciate any help with this.
Babe so sorry to hear that x and try to do things that can make you feel less anxious and also plan your assignments and deadlines etc, don’t be shy and tell us which uni is that so we can avoid
Joleee
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
what have you done for your mental health? have you met with the well-being department?

if you have a diagnosis you can get a letter from your GP and the disability team can put adjustments in for you.

yeah, i know from experience it's a real struggle ngl the reality tho is that your uni will require you to be proactive and to take the appropriate steps to sort out your mental health; they won't organise it for you and they can't make the degree easier. they can make adjustments for exam settings so long as you have medical evidence but they can't be flexible with essay deadlines unless you're on the fit to study programme (where you're being monitored and may be removed from uni if you're not fit to study; you don't want to be on that).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (138)
43.81%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.14%
No (123)
39.05%

Watched Threads