Tuition loan repayment- Changing Master to PGDip

Watch this thread
Pickle1986
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello, I am currently studying Master degree- 2nd year and I was planning to complete it in 4 years. I am receiving Tuition loan from Student Finance. I was considering to switch from Master to PGDip and exit Uni with PGDip instead of master degree. If I was going to do so, how the repayment of the loan would look like if I would have received the full Postgraduate Tuition loan? Would I have to repay the full amount straight away because I did not finish my master or would this be taken from my salary ( I am working full time) each month, the same way as if I would have completed Master Degree? Thank you for the advice.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Pickle1986)
Hello, I am currently studying Master degree- 2nd year and I was planning to complete it in 4 years. I am receiving Tuition loan from Student Finance. I was considering to switch from Master to PGDip and exit Uni with PGDip instead of master degree. If I was going to do so, how the repayment of the loan would look like if I would have received the full Postgraduate Tuition loan? Would I have to repay the full amount straight away because I did not finish my master or would this be taken from my salary ( I am working full time) each month, the same way as if I would have completed Master Degree? Thank you for the advice.
Hi there, if you transfer courses to the PGDip then you shouldn't be eligible for funding and should be asked to repay everything back.

To be eligible for postgraduate funding, the course must be a full masters course.

Any overpayment would have to be paid back straight away but it's possible to set up a payment plan.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads