Can I complete the PGCE and not get QTS, and apply for another PGCE course?

Watch this thread
Rubix10
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

I am currently on a PGCE Primary with QTS course. I am leaving the course, however have been offered to complete the PGCE element but will not get QTS.

Would I get full funding for a PGCE Secondary English with QTS? Or would this not be allowed?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Rubix10)
Hi,

I am currently on a PGCE Primary with QTS course. I am leaving the course, however have been offered to complete the PGCE element but will not get QTS.

Would I get full funding for a PGCE Secondary English with QTS? Or would this not be allowed?
Hi there, a PGCE course is exempt from previous study rules as long as the course is under 2 years long, non salaried and you will be achieving Qualified Teacher Status for the first time.

So as long as your second course meets that criteria, I'd expect you to be eligible for funding.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (3)
27.27%
The paper was reasonable (6)
54.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (2)
18.18%
It was TERRIBLE (0)
0%

Watched Threads