Private Candidates in 2022

Watch this thread
MrMemez1
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm kinda broke and I'm only 17, dunno how I will be able to pay for my A levels privately this year.
Dt banger
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Go to school its free
justlearning1469
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Dt banger)
Go to school its free
What if OP wants to take them early?

Like how Einstein managed his Matura 1 year early.

Or if OP prefers homeschooling.
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Any more background?

Are you home schooled?
What made you decide you wanted to take A levels privately and a (probably) year early?
What subjects are you doing?
What prices have you been quoted to take them?
Do you have a part time job or are you in an area where it's possible to get one?
justlearning1469
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by EOData)
Any more background?

Are you home schooled?
What made you decide you wanted to take A levels privately and a (probably) year early?
What subjects are you doing?
What prices have you been quoted to take them?
Do you have a part time job or are you in an area where it's possible to get one?
True. We do need context.

And for OP, Einstein took his Matura one year early and did quite well in it.
So it is plausible.
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I have agreed payment plans over 2-3 months with private candidates in the past - but only if they turned up well in advance of the deadline with a plan. I didn't trust people who poled up around the last day to make entries with a sob story.
Midnight786
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi I am a homeschooled year 10 student who wants to give their gcse early but I have unfortunately missed the deadline and my parents can’t afford to pay the extra fee. Can I still do them in November even if I haven’t done any exam to resit or do I have to wait until 2023 thank you.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
See https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7085746 for Private Candidates thread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (131)
42.95%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.7%
No (120)
39.34%

Watched Threads