The Student Room Group

Sharing constant daily bleeding experiences with desogestrel

I'm on day 33 of taking this pill and have been bleeding for 12 days and nights constantly in a row so far, it seem to be gradually getting heavier. How long has everyone bled for in a row on this? Has anyone had this and actually found it to go away and how long? At what point should I be concerned about the daily bleeding and what action should I take (I know stopping the pill will make me bleed even more, and can't see a doctor)
It's very common to have irregular bleeding for the first 6 months with the mini-pill. I had very irregular bleeding over the first 6 months, including an episode where I had constant spotting for 4 weeks, but after 6 months, my periods went back to being regular again (a lot of people find that their periods stop completely though). If the bleeding does seem to be getting a heavier and you are worried about that side of things, definitely speak to your doctor but the fact that you are having bleeding in itself is not unusual.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm on day 33 of taking this pill and have been bleeding for 12 days and nights constantly in a row so far, it seem to be gradually getting heavier. How long has everyone bled for in a row on this? Has anyone had this and actually found it to go away and how long? At what point should I be concerned about the daily bleeding and what action should I take (I know stopping the pill will make me bleed even more, and can't see a doctor)

What black tea said can happen but in rare cases as we all deal with medications differently.

The body can take anything upto 6 months for to settle down while it adjusts to you taking the contrecptive birth control pill.

Why do I keep bleeding on desogestrel...
Irregular bleeding or spotting is common in the first three to four months after you start taking the pill. This should subside once your body adjusts to the medication. You may experience spotting later on if you've missed or skipped a dose. If this bleeding becomes heavy, don't stop taking your medication😕

How do you stop breakthrough bleeding on desogestrel - If you've taken at least three weeks of active pills, to stop breakthrough bleeding, all you have to do is come off of the medication for five days; on day six, whether or not you are still bleeding, just begin taking the active pills again. The breakthrough bleeding will stop but I wouldn't untill you see your DOCTOR first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending