loughborough

Watch this thread
Timothy321
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I noticed that for loughborough university foundation course for computer science is BBB and is only available to applicants who have not taken A-Level Mathematics why is that?
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Timothy321)
I noticed that for loughborough university foundation course for computer science is BBB and is only available to applicants who have not taken A-Level Mathematics why is that?
Maths is a required subject for Computer Science at Loughborough. The foundation year is for those who did not take the required subjects for whatever reasons (such as a change in career path) not for those who could have applied to the main course directly but did not achieve the grades to do so.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
As someone who taken maths as an A level is it no longer available for me?
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As someone who taken maths as an A level is it no longer available for me?
Yes.

"Typical A-Level offer
BBB

Only available to applicants who have not taken A-Level Mathematics."
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Timothy321)
Hi Timothy321

mah1000000 is correct (thanks for your answer!)
The foundation courses generally aren't for people who haven't made the grade to get on to the BSc/MSci course straight away. They are for people who have changed their mind on the path they want to take and haven't taken the correct A-Levels to get on to the course.
The selection information states:

Offers will not normally be made to those who apply simply because their A level grades/predictions are below the requirements for direct entry to the degree course.

Students who are eligible for this course include:

Those wishing to study a degree without the appropriate background
Students performing at a very high standard in a chosen sport, who wish to study at Loughborough, but do not have the required qualifications due to sporting commitments*
Mature students returning to education
Those who did not meet their expected entrance requirements due to illness or other adverse situations
Students with alternative backgrounds and qualifications
Applications are treated on a case by case basis and a number of other personal situations may also be considered. Applicants are usually selected solely on the basis of their UCAS application, but in exceptional cases, an interview and/or maths test may be required. If applicants are made an offer of a place they will be invited to visit the department, meet staff and students, see facilities and get an insight into what it is like to be a student at Loughborough.

*If you think your sport profile qualifies you to be considered for the elite athletes programme, please contact [email protected] before applying.

I hope this information helps. If you have further queries, you can contact [email protected] directly and ask them.

Vicky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads