Advice please.

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
This might be a little long but hopefully I can cut it down. So my best friends had a crush on this guy for a year and a half and he’s recently shown interest in me but we’re just friends and I don’t think of him in that way. I would also never betray my friends friendship as why would I go for this one guy over the million other guys out there. Anyway, what I want advice on is how to show that I’m not interested politely as I want to still be friends with him and keep the friendship group intact as the 5 of us are quite close anyway and I don’t want to ruin that. Any advice please ?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
How has he shown interest in you? If he's said something, just tell him you're happy with him as a friend.

As for a 'betrayal', your friend hasn't done anything decisive for the last 18 months, so she's not really interested in this guy either...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
This is going to sound a little weird but we hung out together and then things almost changed as on he’d always walk with me etc and when we had a sleepover he was literally putting his arm around me and everything. I’m not a very confrontational person so I kind of just freeze.

I know and that’s why it makes it so difficult as she told him she liked him and he told her he didn’t feel the same way last year but she still really really likes him. The worst part is I’m now starting to like him a little more every time we hang out.
username155270
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Chicks before d*cks...

Hope she finds better friends.
jayls
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by xobeauty)
Chicks before d*cks...

Hope she finds better friends.
Why does she need to find better friends? OP isn’t interested in getting with the guy her friend has a crush on.
username155270
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jayls)
Why does she need to find better friends? OP isn’t interested in getting with the guy her friend has a crush on.
Shes hanging out with him and catching feelings. Unless she means they hang out in a group setting, then that’s a different story. But one on one- not cool.
jayls
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Shes hanging out with him and catching feelings. Unless she means they hang out in a group setting, then that’s a different story. But one on one- not cool.
She said herself she isn’t catching feelings and that the 5 of them are a close friendship group.
username155270
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jayls)
She said herself she isn’t catching feelings and that the 5 of them are a close friendship group.
She just said in her second post that she’s catching feelings.

(Original post by Anonymous)
This is going to sound a little weird but we hung out together and then things almost changed as on he’d always walk with me etc and when we had a sleepover he was literally putting his arm around me and everything. I’m not a very confrontational person so I kind of just freeze.

I know and that’s why it makes it so difficult as she told him she liked him and he told her he didn’t feel the same way last year but she still really really likes him. The worst part is I’m now starting to like him a little more every time we hang out.
jayls
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh oops I didn’t see that bit that’s my bad sorry!
Anonymous #1
No no no! Group setting every time minus once where I helped him pick out an outfit for her birthday which she asked me to do.
Anonymous #1
By like I don’t mean like as in crush but as in closer friendship as we were not that close before. Even if I did though I wouldn’t act on them , I just want a way to show that I’m not interested without ruining friendship.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Just tell him how it is and say that you aren’t interested in dating him before he gets hurt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.86%
The paper was reasonable (191)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (99)
25.32%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.97%

Watched Threads