Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mate sit in at the same chippy every day for lunch. We're the only school kids the women actually like lol. So yeah today we heard 2 of them talking about someone saying, how useless they were. Turns out they were talking about these 2 girls in my year at school who work there.
    So then 1 of the women come over and asks me and my mate if we're looking for a job and we both say yes so she asks us if we want a job there and we say yes of course and then she told us all the stuff about shifts and stuff and said she'd talk to us about the rest of the details next week. YAY!

Only thing is, i sometimes have to work until midnight and on saturdays or friday nights....but i get a lift home at least.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Midnight :eek: But yay anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Now you don't need money anymore.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Now you don't need money anymore.....
    yep - i fink she shud change her name to got_money

ReputationRep:
    nice one. jobs are sometimes annoying, but the people you work with and the money always helps!!! congrats lol, you'll have to change your username now!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe yeah i know. :p: I like TK's suggestion for a name actually.

ReputationRep:
    Finally, after 6 months! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    Only thing is, i sometimes have to work until midnight and on saturdays or friday nights....but i get a lift home at least.
    That's illegal on a week night if you're under 16; which your profile suggests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    That's illegal on a week night if you're under 16; which your profile suggests.
    Yeah i'm nearly 15 but it'll be midnight at the weekend. During the week i think its 4pm-8pm i work.

ReputationRep:
    All successful people begin their careers working in a chippy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm nearly 15 but it'll be midnight at the weekend. During the week i think its 4pm-8pm i work.
    I'm still not sure if that's legal - i thought it was a maximum of two hours. I'll have to look it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I'm still not sure if that's legal - i thought it was a maximum of two hours. I'll have to look it up.
    Oh well, i dont have a problem with it anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigmatic)
    All successful people begin their careers working in a chippy
    lol... class avator

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, i dont have a problem with it anyways.
    Where does home-work fit into that equation?

ReputationRep:
    actually i fink the name shud be 'hey da day baby i got ya money, don't ya worry, i said hey'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Where does home-work fit into that equation?
    I dont usually do homework til about 11pm anyways...if i do it at all.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mate sit in at the same chippy every day for lunch. We're the only school kids the women actually like lol. So yeah today we heard 2 of them talking about someone saying, how useless they were. Turns out they were talking about these 2 girls in my year at school who work there.
    So then 1 of the women come over and asks me and my mate if we're looking for a job and we both say yes so she asks us if we want a job there and we say yes of course and then she told us all the stuff about shifts and stuff and said she'd talk to us about the rest of the details next week. YAY!

i was gonna make fun of u for getting a job in a chippy only then it occured to me that ive recently just landed myself a job at Iceland. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK)
    actually i fink the name shud be 'hey da day baby i got ya money, don't ya worry, i said hey'
    Hehehe. :p: :top:

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Well done on getting a job, just two words of advice about chippys......
    1. Do not touch your face much at work, you will have really bad spotty skin from all of the oil!
    2. Do not meet friends after work until you have got changed and had a shower, they will only complain about the smell! (we always have a moan at our mate for it lol)!

Enjoy the money!

Lou
    xxx

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.