how to not drink too much?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
when i first started drinking, i knew instantly when the drink hit me. even if it was a buzz i could still feel it. but now when i drink i feel normal? like it comes in slowly rather than all at the same time. so i tell myself that my tolerance has probably built up, and drink some more. i literally usually wait an hour till i drink more to make sure. but as soon as i have another drink, next think you know i don't remember anything. like how can everything go from 0-100, when i felt nothing 5 minutes ago. i just want to be nice drunk, not blackout drunk. am i just getting "used" to being drunk now, so it doesn't feel like much? i'm not like an alcoholic btw, just drink some weekends
username5897144
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
There have been times where I've experienced the same thing too. Make sure you're eating enough before you start drinking as if you don't, it will hit you like a ton of bricks when you least expect it to. There have been times where I've only eaten one meal and I've had 2 pints and I'm wasted, whereas when I eat plenty in the day I can have 6 pints and feel only tipsy.

Tiredness can also impact the way alcohol affects you. If you're feeling particularly tired then I'd avoid drinking full stop.

Perhaps alcohol just doesn't suit you, that's not a bad thing.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
definitely an alcoholic
Rileybr2356
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
when i first started drinking, i knew instantly when the drink hit me. even if it was a buzz i could still feel it. but now when i drink i feel normal? like it comes in slowly rather than all at the same time. so i tell myself that my tolerance has probably built up, and drink some more. i literally usually wait an hour till i drink more to make sure. but as soon as i have another drink, next think you know i don't remember anything. like how can everything go from 0-100, when i felt nothing 5 minutes ago. i just want to be nice drunk, not blackout drunk. am i just getting "used" to being drunk now, so it doesn't feel like much? i'm not like an alcoholic btw, just drink some weekends
Our level of resistance to alcoholic drinks can go from a state of sobriety to total disorientation, it often depends on hydration or what you eat day by day. This is also linked to the alcohol percentage contained in the drink you’re having. Sometimes our bodies are less tolerant to some drinks, so you might lose control more quickly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (79)
66.39%
No (29)
24.37%
I didn't use it to prepare (11)
9.24%

Watched Threads