interview for degree apprenticeship in software engineering

Watch this thread
*T_H*
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have an interview at a local software development company and I am anxious regarding the questions they will ask and how to present myself at the interview. with an 'informal' background I am struggling on how to speak with the interviewer and how to prepare for the questions they will ask.

any tips and common interview questions would be helpful.
O_O.
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by *T_H*)
I have an interview at a local software development company and I am anxious regarding the questions they will ask and how to present myself at the interview. with an 'informal' background I am struggling on how to speak with the interviewer and how to prepare for the questions they will ask.

any tips and common interview questions would be helpful.
Theyll likely ask you what your motivations are for applying and why you want to work there. I'm guessing this is an entry level role? Or at least a role that doesnt require as much experience? So you dont be too worried about not having a billion projects.

You should be able to demonstrate an interest in technology and show some enthusiasm/passion in the interview about the role. Usually in role descriptions they have a "what we're looking for" or "desirable skills" etc section. Pick skills from there that you have shown and talk about them.

Try to use the STAR technique which you can read about here if you dont know what that is. Heres a link to a bunch of common interview questions.

If you have discord I created a server for apprentices and people doing gap years. theres a bunch of people applying for degree apprenticeships and theres a resources channel if you want anymore info on them: links here
Last edited by O_O.; 3 months ago
*T_H*
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by O_O.)
Theyll likely ask you what your motivations are for applying and why you want to work there. I'm guessing this is an entry level role? Or at least a role that doesnt require as much experience? So you dont be too worried about not having a billion projects.

You should be able to demonstrate an interest in technology and show some enthusiasm/passion in the interview about the role. Usually in role descriptions they have a "what we're looking for" or "desirable skills" etc section. Pick skills from there that you have shown and talk about them.

Try to use the STAR technique which you can read about here if you dont know what that is. Heres a link to a bunch of common interview questions.

If you have discord I created a server for apprentices and people doing gap years. theres a bunch of people applying for degree apprenticeships and theres a resources channel if you want anymore info on them: links here
thank you for the tips, they were really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (27)
35.53%
The paper was reasonable (27)
35.53%
Not feeling great about that exam... (15)
19.74%
It was TERRIBLE (7)
9.21%

Watched Threads