Still don't know what a levels to do and I have 10 days to decide

Watch this thread
17jenkik
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I really don't know what to do and I'm starting to panic as everyone else knows. Here's my problem:
1. I dont particularly prefere and subject
2. I am pretty good at everything although English is probs my worst so there is no obvious choices here
3. I dont know what I want to do In the future

At the start of the year I thought I would do maths biology chemistry and geography incase one of the first 3 got to hard. But yesterday I went to a maths taster session and I dont want to do it anymore and now I dont want to do science either
I also study triple science, maths, English, geog, business,art and french.

I'm thinking about 10 :
bio, chem,physics,maths, geography, history, gov and politics,literature,French and psychology
So I am going to take facilitating subjects and thats all I know.
Pls can someone help me
I realise its not the end of the world but with everyone stressing around me I just want to be sure of myself
missversace
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
How are we meant to pick for you like just make a decision see what degree you wanna go into and which a levels will help you on the pathway to that
flyawayonmyzephr
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I'd say stick with your original options biology and chemistry since you sort of pre decided them... Then if I were you I'd pick an essay subject for the 3rd option to balance it out a bit. GovPol, history or geography. If I were you I'd pick geography because it was in your original shortlist plus it's my fav..
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Start by reading this - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
Good careers site with hundreds of job/career profiles - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles
NHS job roles - https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles
CurlyyMM
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
If I were you I'd do a science, a humanity, and maths, (possibly 2 sciences for 4 a levels) since that leaves you with loads of choices for you to choose from - alternatively if you want to have a more liberal arts education you could look into going to the US for university instead of the UK as then there's less pressure to fulfill "required" a levels for a specific course, and you also get more time to 'shop around' for what degree you want
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads