Which University would be the best choice for me?

Watch this thread
Sagnick666
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello.
I am from India and have got offers for masters in Management from
1. University of Reading (Henley business school) - MSc Management
2. Cranefield University- MSc Management
3. University of Exeter -MSc Management.
4. Manchester Alliance- MSc Management.
5. Lancaster university-MSc Management.
6. Leeds University- MSc Management
7. Loughborough University- MSc Management
8. Aston business school- MSc Management

I am a management graduate from Mumbai University, India. I plan to work in Uk. I'm more concerned about job prospects.

Which University would be the best choice for me? Can you mention the order of preference/ Apologies for the long post. And Thanks
Last edited by Sagnick666; 4 months ago
RachelRambo
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
I'd say that Exeter or Leeds should be your top as they're both Russell Group so may have more prestige when applying for jobs. Look at entry requirements as well though; often higher entry requirements may mean a more competitive course suggesting possibly a better course though not necessarily.
I know you said that your main aim was for job prospects, but also look at the general feel of the uni- you don't want to be miserable whilst doing your masters.

I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but hope this helps a tiny bit and good luck with your choice!
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sagnick666)
Hello.
I am from India and have got offers for masters in Management from
1. University of Reading (Henley business school) - MSc Management
2. Cranefield University- MSc Management
3. University of Exeter -MSc Management.
4. Manchester Alliance- MSc Management.
5. Lancaster university-MSc Management.
6. Leeds University- MSc Management
7. Loughborough University- MSc Management
8. Aston business school- MSc Management

I am a management graduate from Mumbai University, India. I plan to work in Uk. I'm more concerned about job prospects.

Which University would be the best choice for me? Can you mention the order of preference/ Apologies for the long post. And Thanks
Hi there,

That's amazing! congratulations on all your offers, those are all amazing universities.

There are a lot of factors that weigh into your job prospects. The reality of the matter is that some of these are within your control and some aren't. Some of those you can control include work experience, university grades, placements, job application, personal skills, interview impressions, etc.
My advice would be that, despite all you read on this forum, do a lot of research on your own as well. I can't categorically rank Aston with the other 7 options but I can give you some useful information about Aston to help along with your decision.

The Aston Business School is part of an elite group of business schools thanks to the triple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. With a wide selection of optional modules, the course provides you with the opportunity to tailor your studies to suit your interests or professional ambitions. As part of the Business and Management MSc at Aston, you’ll study The Aston Global Advantage module which focuses on professional development and employability, helping you to apply the key skills that you will gain throughout the year. You’ll also have the opportunity to study abroad with one of Aston's international partners, undertake an internship placement in the UK or overseas or get involved in a global business challenge simulation. A work placement is really beneficial to your future career prospects, it can enhance your CV and help you stand out from the competition when applying for graduate roles. It’s also a fantastic opportunity to develop your understanding of your subject area by applying what you’ve learnt in the classroom to a professional context. The university's careers team will be on hand to support you in finding work placements and graduate positions. You will also be offered a range of other opportunities to gain practical experience such as, through consultancy projects or entrepreneurial opportunities. The course also offers an opportunity to study for a second degree at one of Aston's international partner institutions once you have completed your year at Aston.

A large number of graduate employers visit the campus during the year. There are careers fairs, networking events and much more. You'll have the chance to discover a wide range of graduate opportunities and speak with companies to see where is the best place for you to start your career.

Hope this has helped, good luck making your decision

*Ethel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (31)
21.68%
The paper was reasonable (65)
45.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (31)
21.68%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
11.19%

Watched Threads