0 hours contract as an SFE Migrant Worker for Maintenance Loan

Watch this thread
cupoffruit
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello all,

I was granted a maintenance loan for my status as EU migrant worker.
Thing is, I am on a 0 hour contract and was asked to provide payslips for October to December 2021.

October, November is covered, but I have nothing to provide for December as I did not receive any further shifts for that duration.

Will this make me unable to receive anymore maintenance loan?
Is there a minimum amount of hours I have to be working to be eligigible? Will it affect my maintenace loan amount?
What should I do now, to make sure I am still
eligible?
I really do not want to lose it as I am short on money and every bit helps in paying for rent and other amenities.

Thank you for the clarification.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by cupoffruit)
Hello all,

I was granted a maintenance loan for my status as EU migrant worker.
Thing is, I am on a 0 hour contract and was asked to provide payslips for October to December 2021.

October, November is covered, but I have nothing to provide for December as I did not receive any further shifts for that duration.

Is there a minimum amount of hours I have to be working to be eligigible? Will it affect my maintenace loan amount?
What should I do now, to make sure I am still
eligible?
I really do not want to lose it as I am short on money and every bit helps in paying for rent and other amenities.

Thank you for the clarification.
Hi, you won't be entitled to the Maintenance Loan for the weeks you didn't work.

You should upload the payslips you have and then upload a cover letter to explain why you didn't work in December.

No, you can still receive it for the months you work.

Is there a minimum amount of hours I have to be working to be eligible?
There is not a set amount of hours we can state publicly because the assessors will always look at the applicants circumstances.

Will it affect my maintenance loan amount?
Yes, as you did not work in December.

What should I do now, to make sure I am still eligible?
You will be entitled to the funding for the months you work. The assessors will check how much you worked/earned.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (12)
13.95%
The paper was reasonable (40)
46.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
31.4%
It was TERRIBLE (7)
8.14%

Watched Threads