What were the Consequences

Watch this thread
Sohello
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Of the mormon migration west
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Don't know - I guess its all a question of what got left behind in the East?
Sohello
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Muttly)
Don't know - I guess its all a question of what got left behind in the East?
Wdym? I think one would be that since joseph smith and most of the mormons spoke out against slavery this increased the migration of the ex slaves towards the west as salt lake valley must have been seen as a desirable destination? But apparently kansas was the first free state so idk

OR i could say that the mormons turned salt lake valley into a decent place as before they came ppl were repulsed by the place due to the lack of trees therefore material to build houses however the mormons came up with good solutions and civilised salt lake valley, leading to the US government wanting to colonise it after occupying and winning the war against Mexico in 1848
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
18.25%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.32%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.14%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.46%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
26.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.63%

Watched Threads