Sausage Rolls and their part in history

Watch this thread
Peter Bubble Car
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
After her visit to Le' Gregg's de la Bakers, Marie Antoinette enthusiastically declared...”Sod the Cake...Let them eat Sausage Rolls” and upon hearing of her declaration...Sooty & Sweep were delighted and celebrated by inviting Ant & Dec onto their show and then after pouring lashings of ginger beer down their trousers...had them tied to Vanessa Feltz and then armed with an AK47...Sooty ordered all three to the top of The Shard and made them walk the plank...which, under the weight of them all, it snapped and oh my goodness,..
The nurse is back with my medication and jelly and custard...Yum!!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
On 10 October 1917 (Julian calendar), bread and sausage was eaten by senior Bolsheviks at Nikolai Sukhanov's house as they planned the October 1917 insurrection in the small hours
Peter Bubble Car
Rep:
(Original post by Sinnoh)
On 10 October 1917 (Julian calendar), bread and sausage was eaten by senior Bolsheviks at Nikolai Sukhanov's house as they planned the October 1917 insurrection in the small hours
Yes indeed, and I was actually there to witness the event...How?
Well I actually have a type of Tardis disquised as a bunch of herbs!! Yes, you've got it...I am a Thyme traveller (My obligatory partner is Rosemary)
The above (Sinnoh) mentioned sausage...was actually 'Bockwurst'...a type of German boiled sausage orig: Bavaria. Although not only boiled, was sometimes smoked as well...though where you can obtain fag papers of such a size to smoke said sausage beats me?
This feast of bread & sausage was of course the forerunner of the now ubiquitous Hot Dog and still has pride of place at most festivals in Lenningrad (Russian: блокада Ленинграда) and in fact John Lennin once said "Can I av a bit more vinegar on these chips please luv...oh and an' give us a bratwurst for Ringo”
Inspired by all this, existentialist...Jean-Paul Sartre forecast that one day, eventually, Herbs would lead us to solve the problem of containing nuclear fusion in a Tocamac (a doughnut type of reactor)
But don't get me started on doughnuts.

once said...
Peter Bubble Car
Rep:
i used to be terrified of prunes.
username5883489
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Peter Bubble Car)
i used to be terrified of prunes.
what changed?
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Peter Bubble Car)
After her visit to Le' Gregg's de la Bakers, Marie Antoinette enthusiastically declared...”Sod the Cake...Let them eat Sausage Rolls” and upon hearing of her declaration...Sooty & Sweep were delighted and celebrated by inviting Ant & Dec onto their show and then after pouring lashings of ginger beer down their trousers...had them tied to Vanessa Feltz and then armed with an AK47...Sooty ordered all three to the top of The Shard and made them walk the plank...which, under the weight of them all, it snapped and oh my goodness,..
The nurse is back with my medication and jelly and custard...Yum!!
Sausage rolls even made the Christmas number 1
Last edited by Chronoscope; 3 months ago
Peter Bubble Car
Rep:
Apparently, Pope John Paul 'The First' used to pelt hamsters with prunes as way of pleasing his great grandmother, whom resembled a prune and and always washed her feet with Domestos & Lyles Golden Syrup.

Silly sod.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (0)
0%
The paper was reasonable (1)
100%
Not feeling great about that exam... (0)
0%
It was TERRIBLE (0)
0%

Watched Threads