Personal statement help

Watch this thread
Ahmed788
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Guys anyone please advice me on how to make my economics and management personal statement strong….something which unis love to see in someone studying this degree
IDK.345
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ahmed788)
Guys anyone please advice me on how to make my economics and management personal statement strong….something which unis love to see in someone studying this degree
Mention things you have done to pursue your interest in economics and management: reading books etc and why do you want to study economics and management. Are there any management skills you have learnt in any experiences or opportunities you've had.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It's an academic degree so focus on your interest in that - extra reading etc
Pearson Business School Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ahmed788)
Hello,

I'll start by mentioning a familiar phrase, 'be yourself' when writing your personal statement. From my experience, it's about selling yourself so write about why you chose economics and management...what led you to choose it and maybe if you have done anything related to this course that inspired you to choose it then do mention this as well (for example, your previous education).

It is about you and your motivations so talk about your experiences and interests that led you to choose this university and its course. Every uni wants to understand you and paint a picture of who you are as a person so talk about your hobbies and interests, anything that you enjoy doing.

You have to show in writing that you are someone who is passionate about the course so do also mention what your aspirations are for the future. And how this course will be beneficial for you, what you hope to achieve from it.

Don't overthink it and just be yourself.

Best Wishes.

Riya
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed