cherryhitchkins
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Does anyone have a good response on structure of the heart?

Would really appreciate it if someone helps me
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by cherryhitchkins)
Does anyone have a good response on structure of the heart?

Would really appreciate it if someone helps me
In answer to what question, and in what detail? You could write thousands of words about this topic, or a concise paragraph covering the main detail.
scg123
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Not sure what level you need but I'm a medical student and we use a great website called "TeachMeAnatomy"

Here's the link for the heart page - https://teachmeanatomy.info/thorax/organs/heart/
cherryhitchkins
Rep:
(Original post by scg123)
Not sure what level you need but I'm a medical student and we use a great website called "TeachMeAnatomy"

Here's the link for the heart page - https://teachmeanatomy.info/thorax/organs/heart/
A level
Just brief description which would answer question like describe structure of heart or what is structure of heart

I was going through my notes and I didnt have much info about structure of hear so I wanted to ask if someone else had it
cherryhitchkins
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
In answer to what question, and in what detail? You could write thousands of words about this topic, or a concise paragraph covering the main detail.
Just brief answer about structure of heart

It's not any particular question, I was going through my notes and I didnt have much info about structure of hear so I wanted to ask if someone else had it

Maybe if I was asked to answer question like describe structure of the heart (4 marks)
I put this: Heart muscle in the walls of the heart is called cardiac muscle.
Atrioventricular valves control the flow of blood between the chambers of the heart.
Chamber of heart that receives oxygenated blood from the lungs is named the left atrium.
Deoxygenated blood is transported back to the lungs in the pulmonary artery.
Backflow of blood into the heart is prevented by semi lunar valves.

But I dont think it really answers the question??
Last edited by cherryhitchkins; 3 months ago
scg123
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
For a 4 marker maybe mention that there's 2 atria and 2 ventricles. Deoxygenated blood enters the right atrium through the vena cava. It then passes through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle where it is ejected through the pulmonary arteries to be oxygenated by the lungs. Oxygenated blood enters the left atrium through the pulmonary veins, it passes through the bicuspid (mitral) valve into the left ventricle where it is ejected through the aorta to the peripheral bodily tissues.
thomas.rhett
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by scg123)
For a 4 marker maybe mention that there's 2 atria and 2 ventricles. Deoxygenated blood enters the right atrium through the vena cava. It then passes through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle where it is ejected through the pulmonary arteries to be oxygenated by the lungs. Oxygenated blood enters the left atrium through the pulmonary veins, it passes through the bicuspid (mitral) valve into the left ventricle where it is ejected through the aorta to the peripheral bodily tissues.
+
atria have thinner walls than ventricles
wall of left ventricle is thicker than that of the right ventricle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads