2022 Accounting & Finance degree

Watch this thread
lev0701
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Has anyone got any RG uni offer for accounting & finance degree yet? And what are you predicted? Im kinda worried my grades aren't good enough
username5880981
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lev0701)
Has anyone got any RG uni offer for accounting & finance degree yet? And what are you predicted? Im kinda worried my grades aren't good enough
my predicted grades are A*A*B (psychology, econ, biology), so far (sent my application off last week) got offers for:
Birmingham (A+F) - AAA
Bristol (Accounting and Management) - ABB (contextual)

when i emailed Bham before sending off my ucas, they said that A*A*B is actually considered lower than AAA (they don't use the tariff anymore), but i still applied anyway lol and got an offer so you should be fine to apply for a couple aspirational choices - unis know that predicted grades aren't accurate, however, i also emailed manchester before applying but they basically said they don't even look at applications with lower grades (although accounting is very competitive there that's probably why). i didn't end up applying, but kind of wish i did just to see whether i'd get in
lev0701
Rep:
(Original post by starrynight35)
my predicted grades are A*A*B (psychology, econ, biology), so far (sent my application off last week) got offers for:
Birmingham (A+F) - AAA
Bristol (Accounting and Management) - ABB (contextual)

when i emailed Bham before sending off my ucas, they said that A*A*B is actually considered lower than AAA (they don't use the tariff anymore), but i still applied anyway lol and got an offer so you should be fine to apply for a couple aspirational choices - unis know that predicted grades aren't accurate, however, i also emailed manchester before applying but they basically said they don't even look at applications with lower grades (although accounting is very competitive there that's probably why). i didn't end up applying, but kind of wish i did just to see whether i'd get in
oh right, well done for those offers! wow you grades are so much better than mine thou and which other unis you applied?? Im also still waiting for Bristol
username5880981
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lev0701)
oh right, well done for those offers! wow you grades are so much better than mine thou and which other unis you applied?? Im also still waiting for Bristol
haha thanks, what's funny is that just now i got an offer for york lol, and i applied to notts for two different courses (got an offer for industrial economics, and applied for accounting flying start - got to do an assessment centre for that though). wbu what are your predicteds and where did you apply?

edit: also, did you do maths a level? i'm kinda scared that i'm gonna find the maths really difficult, even though they say you only need a 7 at GCSE
Last edited by username5880981; 4 months ago
lev0701
Rep:
(Original post by starrynight35)
haha thanks, what's funny is that just now i got an offer for york lol, and i applied to notts for two different courses (got an offer for industrial economics, and applied for accounting flying start - got to do an assessment centre for that though). wbu what are your predicteds and where did you apply?

edit: also, did you do maths a level? i'm kinda scared that i'm gonna find the maths really difficult, even though they say you only need a 7 at GCSE
Yes I do a-level maths as most uni I applied requires a-level maths, (Kings (rejected), Bristol & Bath (waiting), Cardiff&Exeter (offered)) my predicted were A* in BTEC IT, A in chemistry, A in maths. I am worrying that my BTEC is dragging my application down. My first choice is bristol so hope good news will come soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
66.32%
No (43)
22.28%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.4%

Watched Threads